Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Peace on Earth

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Peace on Earth

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:44 pm

Listening to the radio these days, I'm noticing an odd trend in ads for Gift suggestions. Self defense products.

There's one for women called Tiger Lady. It's retractable steel claws they attach to their fingers,

There are also ads for personal taser weapons and for pepper spray.

Ho Ho Ho.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Peace on Earth

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:29 pm

Fear sells. Ask Trump.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:50 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:44 pm
Listening to the radio these days, I'm noticing an odd trend in ads for Gift suggestions. Self defense products.

There's one for women called Tiger Lady. It's retractable steel claws they attach to their fingers,

There are also ads for personal taser weapons and for pepper spray.

Ho Ho Ho.
You rang three times for the incoming VP?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:55 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:50 pm
[

Not sure what that meant. Went right over my head.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:23 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:55 pm
Matt wrote:
[

The Democrat ticket was Joe and the ho this year.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:00 am

It's pretty easy to explain. The people that manufacture self defense products are just trying to fill the demand, created by the poor ideas of the political leaders in many of our cities, with their marketing efforts.

With a number American cities being hell bent on defunding the police and other American cities that are limiting the actions police can take to keep those cities safe, people are feeling vulnerable to the criminal culture that is taking over their neighborhoods.

Without a strong police force enforcing the law and providing some protection, people feel they need to protect themselves. Sadly, in some cities, like Detroit for example, a strong police force that has a lot of community support, isn't enough either. The violent crime rate in Detroit (homicide, rape, armed robbery, and aggravated assault) gives you a 1 in 50 chance of being a victim of a VIOLENT CRIME, the petty crime rate is much higher.
1. Detroit, MI
Violent Crime Rate (per 1,000 residents): 20.0
Your chance of being a victim: 1 in 50
https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/blog/top100dangerous

Lets see, if there is a one in 50 chance that I or a member of my family is going to be the victim of a violent crime, might I think about purchasing a self defense device? If I manufactured such devices, might I think about advertising?

Editorial:
The leftist policy enacted by local government bodies have turned some cities and neighborhoods to absolute shit and crime ridden hellholes. Now these same people want to get rid of the police because they are trying to keep a lid on things. What could go wrong there?

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:49 am

Matt wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:23 am

The Democrat ticket was Joe and the ho this year.

Have to admit, I know nothing about her past. She worked in the sex trade?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:48 am

“Yes, we dated. It was more than 20 years ago. Yes, I may have influenced her career by appointing her to two state commissions when I was Assembly speaker.”

According to USA Today, Brown gave Harris a BMW and appointed her “to the California Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board and then to the Medical Assistance Commission – positions that paid her more than $400,000 over five years.” He said in his column that he had helped the careers of other politicians too.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Dec 04, 2020 11:41 am

This thread is starting to morph into "Side PIECE On Earth" instead.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:31 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Matt wrote:
[
it means Matt is sexually oppressed and a misogynist. he can't stand that there are people much brighter than he is who are leading our country and State.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:41 pm

audiophile wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:48 am
“Yes, we dated. It was more than 20 years ago. Yes, I may have influenced her career by appointing her to two state commissions when I was Assembly speaker.”

According to USA Today, Brown gave Harris a BMW and appointed her “to the California Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board and then to the Medical Assistance Commission – positions that paid her more than $400,000 over five years.” He said in his column that he had helped the careers of other politicians too.
Clearly, she is morally unfit to be VP.

Now, for the top job, the bar is set quite a bit lower.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:15 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:41 pm
audiophile wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:48 am

Clearly, she is morally unfit to be VP.

Now, for the top job, the bar is set quite a bit lower.
Oh, you do remember the Clinton years...

He enjoyed Side Piece On Earth too.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:58 pm

Let's discuss Trump's many failed businesses, lawsuits and criminal endeavors too...

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:58 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:31 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Matt wrote:
[
it means Matt is sexually oppressed and a misogynist. he can't stand that there are people much brighter than he is who are leading our country and State.
A swing and a miss, as per usual.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:09 pm

True Matt.
TC Talks wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:58 pm
It means Matt is sexually oppressed and a misogynist. he can't stand that there are people much brighter than he is who are leading our country and State.
By your own comment you’ve admitted you’re elitist, racist, sexist, sarcastic, and ignorant. Why stop there?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic