Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

A Win For the Working Class

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

A Win For the Working Class

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Oct 19, 2020 8:36 pm

Went into my bank today for the first time this year. There were no middle class waiting in line and the guard let me walk right in.

Could be that, in my face mask, I looked middle class. But I doubt it. If he had looked at the rest of my clothes he'd have seen I clearly wasn't middle class.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: A Win For the Working Class

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:02 pm

I don’t understand how they could deny people based on class. Your post doesn’t make sense.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:17 pm

Usually there are two lines of people waiting to get in. The middle class line of clients usually has about a dozen people in it.

The working class line of customers stretches out for a couple of hundred yards along the street.

Because of the virus, they limit the number of people allowed inside.

When one client leaves the bank they allow another client in. Customers are allowed to enter only if there are no clients in the client line.

So maybe one customer gets in and by the time he exits there might be 6 or 8 more clients in line. No more customers are allowed in until after all the clients have been served.

When I arrived today there were no customers or clients waiting outside and I snuck right in.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:06 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 9:17 pm
Usually there are two lines of people waiting to get in. The middle class line of clients usually has about a dozen people in it.

The working class line of customers stretches out for a couple of hundred yards along the street.

Because of the virus, they limit the number of people allowed inside.

When one client leaves the bank they allow another client in. Customers are allowed to enter only if there are no clients in the client line.

So maybe one customer gets in and by the time he exits there might be 6 or 8 more clients in line. No more customers are allowed in until after all the clients have been served.

When I arrived today there were no customers or clients waiting outside and I snuck right in.
They are letting the business folks in first. That implies that there's some sort of shortage of people or space. Class has nothing to do with it.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:24 pm

They aren't business folks. They're just middle class.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:53 pm

My credit union has two lines, one for the tellers for personal accounts for withdrawals and deposits and one for business loans, personal loans, and other transactions. I know Comerica is the same way because I was there to take care of condo board business as a board member. Nothing to do with class.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:25 am

My bank is all about class. You can spot the middle class in the other line. They all wear the uniform.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:32 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:25 am
My bank is all about class. You can spot the middle class in the other line. They all wear the uniform.
Then why don’t you change banks?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:39 am

Rate This wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:32 am
Turkeytop wrote:

I have switched a lot of my banking to a bank that is online only. They don't ask me to declare my class affiliation. But there are time when yo need to do face to face business.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:54 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:39 am
Rate This wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:32 am
Turkeytop wrote:

I have switched a lot of my banking to a bank that is online only. They don't ask me to declare my class affiliation. But there are time when yo need to do face to face business.
The going wisdom says to just print your own and skip the middle man.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:26 am

Use the drive through.
Thread Killer

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:47 am

Turkey Trot. I need a little more explanation as to what the difference in your Dominion is between working class and middle class. Reading (and re-reading) your post, it seems your banks are segregating lines based solely on income. That can't be right. What is there, signs hanging that says "Anyone with more than 25K in here can get in this line"?.

I admit I may be reading it wrong. But it don't seem you're saying the middle class are the business accounts and the working class are the individual accounts. Am I wrong?

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:57 am

Just how do they differentiate the 'working class' from the 'middle class'? Are none of the other classes allowed into the bank?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:12 pm

Working clas has nothing to do with one's income. We are the only class that doesn't have an income threshold for admission or an income ceiling for expulsion.

I dare say my income may be higher than many of their middle class clients.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:25 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:12 pm
Working clas has nothing to do with one's income. We are the only class that doesn't have an income threshold for admission or an income ceiling for expulsion.

I dare say my income may be higher than many of their middle class clients.
Are hvac technicians working class?
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

**This space lives rent-free in BMW's head**

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic