Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

This guy got off with a slap on the wrist and it pisses me off.

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
UP906

This guy got off with a slap on the wrist and it pisses me off.

Post by UP906 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:51 am

Professional poacher gets fined, loses his license for life (as if that matters to him) and 90 days in jail. This is the kind of scumbag we don't care to have in the woods. I'm disappointed in the criminal justice system.

https://www.foxnews.com/great-outdoors/ ... cense-life

Thread Killer

MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: This guy got off with a slap on the wrist and it pisses me off.

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:06 am

I believe killing bald eagles is a felony. I have less of an issue with the wolves because their population has been nuts up north the past few years. Yes, I know they are protected.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:21 am

Large population or not, the guy broke MANY laws. It's my understanding he also was poaching deer, bobcat, and coyote.

What angers me is that, as a sportsman, I do my best to practice proper stewardship of the game that I pursue. This asshole does not follow those ethics AT ALL and was indiscriminately killing anything that wandered into his illegal trapline. His disgusting "for profit" poaching operation is a black mark not only on sportsmen, but on humanity as a whole.

90 days in jail? You gotta be shitting me.

Thread Killer

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:50 am

That's nothin'

Abort a baby and you get high-five from the DNC.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

UP906

Post by UP906 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:58 am

audiophile wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:50 am
That's nothin'

Abort a baby and you get high-five from the DNC.
But hey... the baby population has been nuts the past few years, so it's not really a big deal.

Amiright freak?

Thread Killer

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:58 pm

UP906 wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:21 am
Large population or not, the guy broke MANY laws. It's my understanding he also was poaching deer, bobcat, and coyote.

What angers me is that, as a sportsman, I do my best to practice proper stewardship of the game that I pursue. This asshole does not follow those ethics AT ALL and was indiscriminately killing anything that wandered into his illegal trapline. His disgusting "for profit" poaching operation is a black mark not only on sportsmen, but on humanity as a whole.

We are in 100% agreement on this one, UP. Put 18 bullets in this mother fucker.

The censorship king from out of state.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:14 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 12:58 pm
UP906 wrote:

We are in 100% agreement on this one, UP. Put 18 bullets in this mother fucker.
LOL, I wouldn't go that far, but a lengthy jail sentence and maybe some property seizure would be in order. Especially as a deterrent to others that may wish to follow in his footsteps.

Thread Killer

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:11 am

UP906 wrote:

Coyote? They are invasive and need to be exterminated. Good for him.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:07 am

A friend of mine has gets a half-dozen Coyotes at one sitting.
Last edited by audiophile on Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:14 am

audiophile wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:07 am
A fiend of mine has gets a half-dozen Coyotes at one sitting.
Excellent.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:24 am

There are rules and humane practices that need to be followed.

Thread Killer

UP906

Post by UP906 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:28 am

Rate This wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:11 am
UP906 wrote:

Who did you hear that from RT? We all know you've never stepped foot in the field and are only here to troll.

Thread Killer

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:38 am

UP906 wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:28 am
Rate This wrote:
UP906 wrote:

Who did you hear that from RT? We all know you've never stepped foot in the field and are only here to troll.
He's probably one of the "deer lives matter" fruits that protests the annual Ann Arbor deer cull.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:33 pm

Terrific post, UP906. Thought the same thing when I read about this incident and the ensuing punishment. In this case, the poaching was especially egregious when one considers the extremely limited number of grey wolf hunting licenses issued by the Michigan DNR.

I thought the perp should've received a year if not two years in prison and a very harsh fine.
Umm...no. We're talking about grey wolves. There are between 700 and 800 in the entire state.

Seriously, you're confusing wolves with coyotes?!?! I hope you were being satirical. Yes, the coyote population has exploded in Michigan in recent years. Nuisance coyotes are permitted to be killed year-round on one's own property.

Coyotes have been seen in my neighborhood on multiple occasions within the past year. One crossed in front of my car around 7:30 in the evening last winter just one block away from my house. Wooded areas near the Rouge River in Beverly Hills and Southfield are home to a number of them, from what I understand. On occasion, they roam over here looking for food. In August, I saw rabbit entrails on the sidewalk that appeared to be from a coyote attack. Someone on nextdoor.com posted that they saw a coyote on that same street a day earlier (albeit a couple blocks farther south).

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:36 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:33 pm
Terrific post, UP906. Thought the same thing when I read about this incident and the ensuing punishment. In this case, the poaching was especially egregious when one considers the extremely limited number of grey wolf hunting licenses issued by the Michigan DNR.

I thought the perp should've received a year if not two years in prison and a very harsh fine.
Umm...no. We're talking about grey wolves. There are between 700 and 800 in the entire state.

Seriously, you're confusing wolves with coyotes?!?! I hope you were being satirical. Yes, the coyote population has exploded in Michigan in recent years. Nuisance coyotes are permitted to be killed year-round on one's own property.
UP906 wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:28 am
Rate This wrote:
UP906 wrote:

When wolves were killed off in large numbers coyotes naturally moved East. At one time they were strictly found WEST of the Mississippi River. Only in the last several decades to maybe 100 years has that really changed in any appreciable number. So rather than invasive the term I should have used is reactive.

Coyote’s were mentioned in a post above mine and I responded to that. Reading is fundamental.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic