Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

National Ammo Shortage In The US

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Bryce

Re: National Ammo Shortage In The US

Post by Bryce » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:11 pm

UP906 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:53 am
Bryce wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:40 am
UP906 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:31 am
Myself, I saw this coming a long time ago and got into reloading. Problem is... I wasn't the only one. Try finding reloading components. They are as scarce as hen's teeth.
The problem is, using reloads void many manufactures warranty.
Meh... not worried about running them in .357 wheelgun.
Yeah, I wouldn't either with a wheel. I have an old Colt Python. Being as I doubt I will ever have to shoot a charging elephant or through an engine block and that it is uncomfortable as hell to carry, I don't practice with it much.

Most all manufacturers of semi's will void the warranty with reloads.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:12 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:11 pm
UP906 wrote:
Bryce wrote:
UP906 wrote:
Myself, I saw this coming a long time ago and got into reloading. Problem is... I wasn't the only one. Try finding reloading components. They are as scarce as hen's teeth.
Yeah, I wouldn't either with a wheel. I have an old Colt Python. Being as I doubt I will ever have to shoot a charging elephant or through an engine block and that it is uncomfortable as hell to carry, I don't practice with it much.

Most all manufacturers of semi's will void the warranty with reloads.
We can use that to shoot the elephant before we throw it with my catapult.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:46 pm

UP906 wrote:
Bryce wrote:
UP906 wrote:
I normally shoot .124 grain in my semi's. Federal HST or Critical Defense in my shorties for carry, and FMJ for target. Went to the range today and broke down and bought some "range reloads" while there because of the price. Putting 200 rounds through a Canik TP9 SFx, I jammed 12 times. To be fair, this firearm is relatively new and I have only put about 500 rounds through it, so the spring isn't really completely broken in yet, but this weapon has NEVER once jammed before. Think I'll just suck it up and stick to federal or S and W, but they are getting harder and harder to find locally.

As a side, I took two dogs to the range with me today. This was their fourth trip. Slowly introducing them to gunfire at increasingly closer distances. It's pretty close to a non issue now. When the time comes for them to grab somebody by the balls, it just wouldn't do for them to get skittish if there are gun shots.
New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:21 am

What was the failure with the reloads in the Canik Bryce?
Thread Killer

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:23 am

UP906 wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:21 am
What was the failure with the reloads in the Canik Bryce?
The rounds failed to seat in the chamber causing the firearm to jam.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:25 am

Hmmmm... so a failure to feed.

Were the projectiles copper jacketed, cast lead, or coated cast lead?

I'm just curious.
Thread Killer

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:57 am

UP906 wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 11:25 am
Hmmmm... so a failure to feed.

Were the projectiles copper jacketed, cast lead, or coated cast lead?

I'm just curious.
Coated cast lead. I put 50 Blazzer copper FMJ through it after the last jam with nary a problem. When I get up to around 1000 rounds through it, I'll try the cheapies at the range again.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:00 pm

Gotcha.

I'm a wheelgun guy, so I have no trouble with coated lead. However, my buddy is a concealed carry semi auto guy and he won't run any coated lead in any of his semis. I suspect he ran into the same type of feed issues as you. He runs primarily Glock, S&W, Springfield.

Of course, I know another guy who's opinion I respect very much, and he has no issue running coated lead in his 1911's.

Bottom line is that some firearms are finicky about what they will eat. Beyond that... I dunno.
Thread Killer

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic