Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The Passing of a Friend and Neighbour

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

The Passing of a Friend and Neighbour

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:53 pm

Just got word last night that one of our neighbours in Florida has just died of covid i9. His wife called last night to tell us. "He's gone to be with Jesus." she said. They were devoutly religious (Evangelical) and devoutly Republican. I never agreed with their politics or their religion, but they were fine neighbours. Sometimes we would go out to dinner together and they would ask us to hold hands with them while he would say a prayer. He was good at it.

When they weren't in Florida, their home was in Indiana.

We were in Florida in the fall of 2016. He was there with his Trump hat his Trump tee shirt and his Trump bumper sticker. This was just after the release of the Access Hollywood videos. I asked him how he could square a man of Trump's character with his faith.

He said "America has lost its way. Only Donald Trump can lead us back to Jesus."

He led him back to Jesus, anyway.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Honeyman

Re: The Passing of a Friend and Neighbour

Post by Honeyman » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:56 pm

Sorry for the loss of your friend, Turk.

The censorship king from out of state.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic