Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Rate Your Risk

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Bryce

Rate Your Risk

Post by Bryce » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:23 am

I found this relatively quick online test that takes personal habits and rates your risk of being assaulted while out in public pretty interesting.

I rated a minus -12.

They also have one for risk of being murdered and burgled.
The following test lets you rate your actual risk of being Assaulted on the Street. This test uses known risk factors taken from executive security courses, police detectives and security consultants. This test gives you an easy (and free) way to determine what lifestyle actions, habits or associations will raise or lower your risks.
http://www.rateyourrisk.org/#serious_assault_test

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

audiophile

Re: Rate Your Risk

Post by audiophile » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:19 am

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:38 am

audiophile wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:19 am
Low risk is good!

For those that don't take the test...
(Negative score) A minus score indicates that the criminal would be in danger FROM YOU. The greater the negative score...the greater the danger.
(0 to 50) This score shows a low risk of assault. You are either highly cautious or a poor target. You should not be foolishly overconfident however. Keep up the precautions and take the test again next month and don't fudge on your points.
(51 to 80) This shows that you have a moderate risk of robbery or assault. It would be a good idea to be more cautious and cut out visiting an ATM machine at night. Take a self defense or executive security course. Don't carry so many charge cards.
(More than 80) It would be a good idea to make out a will. Put your portable valuables in a safe deposit box. Think twice before you go nightclubbing or driving. You are obviously having a fun life but to make it through another year it would be advisable to take up jogging, martial arts, firearms and carry a police officer with you when you go out. Carry some cash (25 to 50 dollars) and fewer credit cards.
Warnings:
Carrying some cash will keep you from getting killed on the street - have $20 - $50 on you in the US

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:09 am

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:20 am

3 but intend to make it negative.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:11 pm

Amazing how I've lived all these years and never been assaulted. Never even threatened.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:15 pm

21 for me.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:26 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:11 pm

Amazing how I've lived all these years and never been assaulted. Never even threatened.

I just redid the test with answers, reflecting my lifestyle while I'm in Florida. My number drops to 7. Somehow, I still feel safer here at home.

In Florida, I encounter road rage about once a month.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:20 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:26 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:11 pm

I just redid the test with answers, reflecting my lifestyle while I'm in Florida. My number drops to 7. Somehow, I still feel safer here at home.

In Florida, I encounter road rage about once a month.
In Florida you are closer to Niceville, what could be better?

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:24 pm

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

G G

Post by G G » Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:33 pm

-28 Image

Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:06 pm

G G wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:33 pm
-28 Image
Wow! That's even better than my -27 risk of being murdered. You must live life in the yellow and never inhabit the white..

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:30 pm

51. I guess I need to make a change as far as carrying both credit cards around with me. However, I use one card at suspect places and one elsewhere.

I disagree with the implied fact that carrying a gun makes you safer. Just ask Plaxico Burress.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:49 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:30 pm
51. I guess I need to make a change as far as carrying both credit cards around with me. However, I use one card at suspect places and one elsewhere.

I disagree with the implied fact that carrying a gun makes you safer. Just ask Plaxico Burress.

So how does the criminal know how many credit cards the victim is carrying?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:59 am

You are more at risk in the event you carry more than one. Your risk of them running up both cards puts you in danger of having no backup. I get the concept.

My issue is that one card has one tap with no contact to the card reader and the other is used at those suspect locations but requires contact.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic