Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Meet Gretta

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Bryce

Meet Gretta

Post by Bryce » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:25 pm

Meet my newest foster girl, Gretta. Gretta has went through a lot in her young life. Poor nutrition led to slow development and serious skin issues. She had spent most of her life in a kennel which didn't help things as Boxer Dogs need to be with people to be truly happy. All that culminated with her catching canine parvovirus. In some way's it's similar to Covid 19 with a much higher mortality rate. It was touch and go for a few day's, but she pulled through.

She's very affectionate and has high energy considering what she's been through. After I put some weight on her, fix her skin condition and provide some basic training to teach her how to be a family dog, I will be putting her up for adoption. I think we may have given her her first ever bath.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Turkeytop

Re: Meet Gretta

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:37 pm

Nice to meet you, young lady. :D

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:35 pm

Pulling through parvo is remarkable. We used to breed and it took 2 of our pups. Good lord is parvo some scary stuff. She's gotta be a strong one.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:57 pm

I misjudged you. You're alright, Bryce.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:02 pm

Bless you, Bryce!

Good looking girl! She looks like a youngin'...any idea how old?

The censorship king from out of state.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:55 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:35 pm
Good lord is parvo some scary stuff. She's gotta be a strong one.
You're telling me! We had her hooked up to an IV for a week. Thought we lost her twice and then boom, she started to recover.

The Force is strong in this one.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:58 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:02 pm
Bless you, Bryce!

I'm guessing by her size and the condition of her teeth, seven months. She is underweight and it's tough to judge how much her growth may have been stunted due to poor nutrition.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:01 pm

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:57 pm
I misjudged you. You're alright, Bryce.
Careful there, even Hitler liked dogs! ;)

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:29 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:58 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Bless you, Bryce!

I'm guessing by her size and the condition of her teeth, seven months. She is underweight and it's tough to judge how much her growth may have been stunted due to poor nutrition.
So what's the deal....people know of an abused or mistreated dog and call you, or an organization you're affiliated with? It's just wonderful deeds you are doing.

We got Luna from a rescue organization that grabs dogs before they are about to be put down. In her case they said she had "behavior issues" and because she is a pit, she was minutes from being put down. She's a great dog and it is a great rescue essentially run by 2 women who do it only out of the good of their heart.

People like you who do this are very special.

Matt

Post by Matt » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:12 pm

Most normal looking Gretta/Greta I've seen in awhile. How does she feel about climate change?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:22 pm

Matt wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:12 pm
Most normal looking Gretta/Greta I've seen in awhile. How does she feel about climate change?
I named her after Gretta Van Susteren. She kinda looks like her.

She believes that climate changes. How much man has to do with it is up for debate.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:37 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:29 pm
Bryce wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
Bless you, Bryce!

So what's the deal....people know of an abused or mistreated dog and call you, or an organization you're affiliated with? It's just wonderful deeds you are doing.
Since I was a lad, I've worked with dogs as a hobby. Then, I started training sport dogs in my 20's and then moved on to K-9 training and Schutzhund. A few years ago, I lost my main dog, a Shutzhund Champion, that I had raised and trained from a pup. It literally destroyed me and put my life on hold for a month or two. I had no desire to get another dog, it just wouldn't be right. Most likely the same feeling that a spouse gets when they loose the love of their life.

After six months, I still wasn't ready for a new dog, but my home just wasn't right without a dog in it. I hated it. That's when a friend suggested I foster dogs. I reached out to a small, local rescue group to express my interest and when they found out my background, they started sending their "problem children" to me. Dog's with health and behavioral issues. I fix em, train em and help the rescue find a nice family that is appropriate for that particular dog. Word spreads, I get calls from rescues as far away as Texas. When I have room and time, I do what I can.
Honeyman wrote:
We got Luna from a rescue organization that grabs dogs before they are about to be put down. In her case they said she had "behavior issues" and because she is a pit, she was minutes from being put down. She's a great dog and it is a great rescue essentially run by 2 women who do it only out of the good of their heart.

Me, like the two ladies that run that rescue I'm sure,, get more from it than we give. Trust me!

My current "main dog" who is my second favorite dog of all time, was hours away from being put down when I got a call to come look at him.

And bless you for providing a safe and loving home for Luna!

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:52 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:37 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Bryce wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
Bless you, Bryce!

Since I was a lad, I've worked with dogs as a hobby. Then, I started training sport dogs in my 20's and then moved on to K-9 training and Schutzhund. A few years ago, I lost my main dog, a Shutzhund Champion, that I had raised and trained from a pup. It literally destroyed me and put my life on hold for a month or two. I had no desire to get another dog, it just wouldn't be right. Most likely the same feeling that a spouse gets when they loose the love of their life.

After six months, I still wasn't ready for a new dog, but my home just wasn't right without a dog in it. I hated it. That's when a friend suggested I foster dogs. I reached out to a small, local rescue group to express my interest and when they found out my background, they started sending their "problem children" to me. Dog's with health and behavioral issues. I fix em, train em and help the rescue find a nice family that is appropriate for that particular dog. Word spreads, I get calls from rescues as far away as Texas. When I have room and time, I do what I can.
Honeyman wrote:

Me, like the two ladies that run that rescue I'm sure,, get more from it than we give. Trust me!

My current "main dog" who is my second favorite dog of all time, was hours away from being put down when I got a call to come look at him.

And bless you for providing a safe and loving home for Luna!
Seriously...tears came to my eyes reading this, Bryce. You are a great soul.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:07 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:52 pm

Seriously...tears came to my eyes reading this, Bryce. You are a great soul.
You forgot the addendum...

"For a conservative.". ;)

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:12 pm

Most conservatives I know are decent people in spite of it.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic