Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Anybody go to a Secretary of State office??

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
km1125

Anybody go to a Secretary of State office??

Post by km1125 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:05 pm

Been trying to get into a SOS office to change a title but can't seem to get an appointment. The "next day" ones always seem booked up and if you schedule the earliest I can find anywhere close to here is in JAN 2021.

Anyone else have better luck? What was your solution?

Deleted User 14896

Re: Anybody go to a Secretary of State office??

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:11 pm

km1125 wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:05 pm
Been trying to get into a SOS office to change a title but can't seem to get an appointment. The "next day" ones always seem booked up and if you schedule the earliest I can find anywhere close to here is in JAN 2021.

Anyone else have better luck? What was your solution?
I don't need to go there until January. Both the plates and my license expire then.
Maybe I should make the appointment now.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:20 pm

You can renew plates online as well as a standard driver license every other renewal. So if you renewed at an SOS last time and you don't need an enhanced license you can renew the driver license online.

I no longer directly engage trolls

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:38 pm

Thankfully, I got my license renewed at the end of February right before the pandemic.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:01 pm

My son got his Level 2 graduated license in July. A few weeks after we bought a car through a private sale and had to transfer the title. Both required in-person appointments at the local SOS branch. Luckily we were able to schedule both appointments fairly quick using the next-day option on the website. I liken it to playing whack-a-mole. You check back every half-hour or so to see if there are any cancellations, and hope you can grab an appointment before someone else beats you to it. Suffice to say I learned how to type really fast. :razz

Had to renew a plate on another vehicle, so I just did that one online. Sticker's in the mail.

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

TC Shuts Up

Post by TC Shuts Up » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:20 pm

Appointments are unsatisfactory. It makes efficient visits to save time impossible. And you can't even get a person at the actual office to talk to on the phone. You even have problems finding the location of the kiosks online if you try.

Disagreeing with Communists is NOT an impeachable offense.

Never eat Sushi past its expiration date.

Those who refuse to drain the swamp are doomed to drown in it.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:19 pm

I was actually able to get an appointment for this morning, using the next-day appt schedule. As Calvert says, it's a bit of a whack-a-mole operation, but they make the new appointments available at 8AM and noon each day. I set up alarms so I would be ready just before they went online and started clicking away. Only took a couple days to be successful and get one scheduled..

They do differentiate from "one transaction" and "two or more transactions". I technically had two to do, but only one was critical. Thinking I might have a better chance with the "one transaction" selection, I used that. I brought all the docs for both though and she processed both quickly (they were easy ones). I got there about 15 minutes early but was done in 15 once I got inside so the whole process was a 30 min duration - not bad for a trip to the SOS office!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic