Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Where's your guess on where the 'pop up' fireworks are going to be tonight?

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
km1125

Where's your guess on where the 'pop up' fireworks are going to be tonight?

Post by km1125 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:10 pm

I'm thinking the old State Fair grounds would be a good place, but maybe that's too biased to the northern suburbs.

Maybe somewhere around the rail tracks at Fenkell and Schafer? The Poletown plant? That big empty lot at St Aubin and Holbrook?

Wonder how much free space they needed to launch a big display??

km1125

Re: Where's your guess on where the 'pop up' fireworks are going to be tonight?

Post by km1125 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:13 pm

Nobody even have a guess?

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:09 pm

Maybe no one knows what you are talking about...
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Deleted User 13307

Post by Deleted User 13307 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:18 pm

Lake St. Clair Metropark (Metro Beach).

Not a guess.

sfpcc

Post by sfpcc » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:30 pm

Somewhere on Lake Huron, (well you're only supposed to watch them on TV.)

km1125

Post by km1125 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:50 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:09 pm
I thought it was well known that the previous "Freedom Festival" fireworks that are normally held on the river before July 4th were going to be postponed until today, but they wouldn't release the location because they didn't want any crowds showing up. They are going to be televised, but they did say something like "they'll be visible to most of the Detroit community" but specifically NOT visible by the riverfront.

Over the weekend the US Coast Guard verified they had no notifications or coordination to limit traffic on the river, something they normally would need to do because of the barges that they would normally use for the show.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:56 pm

km1125 wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:50 pm
Matt wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:09 pm
I thought it was well known that the previous "Freedom Festival" fireworks that are normally held on the river before July 4th were going to be postponed until today, but they wouldn't release the location because they didn't want any crowds showing up. They are going to be televised, but they did say something like "they'll be visible to most of the Detroit community" but specifically NOT visible by the riverfront.

Over the weekend the US Coast Guard verified they had no notifications or coordination to limit traffic on the river, something they normally would need to do because of the barges that they would normally use for the show.
Thanks for the reminder! I'm guessing they'll be from luckys trailer park in Southgate.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:51 am

Howard Jones wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:18 pm
Lake St. Clair Metropark (Metro Beach).

Not a guess.
I didn't respond to this yesterday because I really had no clue, but you were certainly correct. I would have thought they definitely would have been within the city limits.

Maybe that's the difference between a Duggan administration and a Young administration?

Fireworks on TV just are nowhere near as cool as live, even if you're 5 miles away from the live ones.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic