Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Coolest Place On Earth To Hear And See A Concert

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Bryce

Coolest Place On Earth To Hear And See A Concert

Post by Bryce » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:11 pm

Red Rocks Amphitheater, Morrison, CO

Not only are the visuals astounding, the natural rock formations surrounding the venue provide spectacular acoustics.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Turkeytop

Re: Coolest Place On Earth To Hear And See A Concert

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:37 pm

You've been there?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:49 pm

Took that picture with my cell phone this past Tuesday. They tell me you can normally see the downtown Denver skyline from there, but the smoke drifting in from the California wildfires was making visibility poor.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:30 am

The Breechkaul Amphitheater on the Mullerthal Trail in Berdorf, Luxembourg is neato.
It's inside a cave made of hollowed out rock from the middle ages.
Very pretty there.

Music is my life.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:40 am

Bryce wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 10:49 pm
Took that picture with my cell phone this past Tuesday. They tell me you can normally see the downtown Denver skyline from there, but the smoke drifting in from the California wildfires was making visibility poor.

You make even a cell phone photo look good.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:32 am

I have heard many stories from Western friends (especially the Deadheads) about what a fabulous place Red Rocks is to see a show.

My favorite is Levon Helm Studios, the barn/studio attached to his former home in upstate New York, not far from the site of the Woodstock festival. There's magic in that building. Wish I had photos.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:06 am

stopnswop2 wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:30 am
The Breechkaul Amphitheater on the Mullerthal Trail in Berdorf, Luxembourg is neato.
It's inside a cave made of hollowed out rock from the middle ages.
Very pretty there.
Did you get pictures?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:08 am

Outdoors has better audio, especially if there is minimal slap-back.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:11 am

Vic Doucette wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:32 am
I have heard many stories from Western friends (especially the Deadheads) about what a fabulous place Red Rocks is to see a show.

My favorite is Levon Helm Studios, the barn/studio attached to his former home in upstate New York, not far from the site of the Woodstock festival. There's magic in that building. Wish I had photos.
I've heard of, but not been to or seen. Certainly an iconic place.

Not picking on you directly Vic, but why does everyone say "see a show. see a band, see a concert" when listening and hearing is much of why people go?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:17 am

I can't stand it when the audio is bad. Why not just buy a CD?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:34 am

Bryce wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:11 am
Vic Doucette wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:32 am

I've heard of, but not been to or seen. Certainly an iconic place.

Not picking on you directly Vic, but why does everyone say "see a show. see a band, see a concert" when listening and hearing is much of why people go?
https://levonhelm.com/

Downstairs is the merch table and a snack table. Attendees are encouraged to bring shareable food; we brought pizza, while many of the locals brought cakes, pies and other homemade goodies.

The studio is on the second floor. Holds perhaps 250, including standees. Seats are stack chairs and not quite comfortable. Big wood-burning fireplace, bluestone walls quarried locally, only tongue-and-groove construction for the wood, as Levon thought metal nails would screw up the sound. Loft above for the engineer and some standees. Other than my wedding, I spent the best day of my life in that building, sitting about 6 feet from the funkiest drummer in rock and roll history.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:35 pm

The coolest venue I've been at is the Santa Barbara Bowl. Relatively small, I don't think it seats 5000, it's carved into a hillside. The acoustics are great, and being so close to LA, EVERYBODY plays there. I've seen Stevie Wnder, Lyle Lovett, Bonnie Raitt, among others. Weather is always great, and you start off you evening going to the bar on the top level where you can see the entire city of SB. A magical place.

Last edited by Honeyman on Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The censorship king from out of state.

matt1

Post by matt1 » Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:04 pm

What the hell is wrong with DTE Energy Music Theater (formerly known as Pine Knob Music Theater)???

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:24 pm

matt1 wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:04 pm
What the hell is wrong with DTE Energy Music Theater (formerly known as Pine Knob Music Theater)???
Nothing. It's just didn't make the finals for "Coolest Venue On Earth."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic