Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

McCanada

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

McCanada

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:59 pm

Someone in Michigan sent this pic of the bag their McDonalds order came in.

I'm thinking it's a supply chain issue. They ran out of bags and had to borrow some from the Canadian division of the Company.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 15342

Re: McCanada

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:35 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:59 pm
Someone in Michigan sent this pic of the bag their McDonalds order came in.

I'm thinking it's a supply chain issue. They ran out of bags and had to borrow some from the Canadian division of the Company.

Or a shipping error at the distribution center.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:39 pm

Maple Syrup included with pancakes.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:47 pm

I have no experience with Mickey D.'s in Canada but hace been told that the burgers taste better there than in the US because the meat standards for my southern neighbors are higher.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:27 pm

Vic Doucette wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:47 pm
I have no experience with Mickey D.'s in Canada but hace been told that the burgers taste better there than in the US because the meat standards for my southern neighbors are higher.

I've eaten in both countries and haven't really noticed any difference.

A friend of my wife was crossing the border to the U.S. at Port Huron. Before she got there she stopped at the McD drive thru in Sarnia. When she arrived at the border crossing she still had half of her burger yet to eat. The U.S. customs guy told her she wasn't allowed to take meat into the country. Told her she could either dump it or finish it right there before crossing. She wolfed it down quickly and went on through.

matt1

Post by matt1 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:08 pm

Saw that in Sanford, Michigan this morning!!! They also had the Canadian leaf!!! Their other stuff made in the U.S.!!

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:09 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:27 pm
.... I've eaten in both countries and haven't really noticed any difference.
Are Timmie's bagels and donuts larger in the Land of Provinces, than they are in the Land of States?
I have a friend that lives in Windsor that says so. He also claims the coffee taste so much better.
What sayeth you?

My opinion on Tim's coffee is this. It taste great ... for about six months. Then it's alright.
Just seems to me when a Horton's is new, and the Mud Machines are new, it taste so good.
But after about six months, it's OK but not worth going out of my way.

I have taken the long way to get a cup of joe from a Timmie's when I hear a new one has opened at least a half dozen times thru the years. And to me it's worth it.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:09 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:09 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:27 pm
.... I've eaten in both countries and haven't really noticed any difference.
Are Timmie's bagels and donuts larger in the Land of Provinces, than they are in the Land of States?
I have a friend that lives in Windsor that says so. He also claims the coffee taste so much better.
What sayeth you?

My opinion on Tim's coffee is this. It taste great ... for about six months. Then it's alright.
Just seems to me when a Horton's is new, and the Mud Machines are new, it taste so good.
But after about six months, it's OK but not worth going out of my way.

I have taken the long way to get a cup of joe from a Timmie's when I hear a new one has opened at least a half dozen times thru the years. And to me it's worth it.
Tim Horton's coffee in Canada is superior to the American brand. I think the donuts are the same size in both countries.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

WC8KCY

Post by WC8KCY » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:52 am

What truly sucks about Tim Hortons here in Michigan is that most of them suddenly stopped 24/7 operation within the last couple of years.

It's a time-honoured Canadian tradition to go to Timmies after the bars close.

ftballfan

Post by ftballfan » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:59 am

Two days ago, someone working at my house brought in McDonalds for their breakfast. The bag had the Maple Leaf on it (this is in Manistee)

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:31 am

ftballfan wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:59 am
Two days ago, someone working at my house brought in McDonalds for their breakfast. The bag had the Maple Leaf on it (this is in Manistee)
Same deal in Milan a couple days ago...

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:03 pm

Rate This wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:31 am
ftballfan wrote:
This is in Italy?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:16 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:03 pm
Rate This wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:31 am
ftballfan wrote:
This is in Italy?
No... a rural town south of Ann Arbor. Pronounced My-lin

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:28 pm

WC8KCY wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:52 am
What truly sucks about Tim Hortons here in Michigan is that most of them suddenly stopped 24/7 operation within the last couple of years.

It's a time-honoured Canadian tradition to go to Timmies after the bars close.
A number of Tim Horton's franchises around Lansing have gone out. I would suspect it's all the same owner. The Tim Horton's kiosk in Meridian Mall stopped accepting cash transactions last year. Within two months of instituting the policy it was out of business. Can't help but think that might have had something to do with it.

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:27 pm

A couple of years ago we were at a Tim's in Dayton OH. It was early evening, at an hour when Tim Horton shops here would be packed. We were the only customers in the place.

I told the girl that in Canada there is a Tim's on just about every street corner and they're always busy. She just gave me a dumb, unbelieving look.

We stopped near there again this spring and I noticed it had gone out of business.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic