Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

I'm so tired of this bullshit ...

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Deleted User 24

I'm so tired of this bullshit ...

Post by Deleted User 24 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:13 pm

Pulled into NB I-75 rest area at Holly Road this morning and the cleaning crew's truck was parked in a handicapped spot. Went inside, did my business, left a polite note on the windshield and called the company. The receptionist was horrified. She asked me for phone number and email and said she was going straight to the owner with the information. I'm not looking for anybody to get fired ... but I'm so goddamned sick and tired of this bullshit.

Honeyman

Re: I'm so tired of this bullshit ...

Post by Honeyman » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:18 pm

I would have done the same thing.

Except for stopping at the rest area.....them places gimme the heebie-jeebies.

The censorship king from out of state.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:57 pm

I like the Interstate rest areas. They're like public parks. The ones in Ontario are a business enterprise.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:29 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:57 pm
I like the Interstate rest areas. They're like public parks. The ones in Ontario are a business enterprise.
Careful. You may run into LL peeking at you from a stall in one of those places!

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:53 pm

Busybodies.

Thread Killer

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:14 pm

UP906 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:53 pm
Busybodies.
How so?

UP906

Post by UP906 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:31 pm

Vic Doucette wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:14 pm
UP906 wrote:
Busybodies.
How so?
Seriously?

First you left a note, then you called their company?

Did it ever occur to you to say something to them while you were there?

Of course you didn't. You are a busybody Karen with a passive aggressive streak... the absolute worst kind.

Dismissed.

Thread Killer

Constant Listener

Post by Constant Listener » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:39 pm

UP906 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:31 pm
Vic Doucette wrote:
UP906 wrote:
Busybodies.
How so?
Seriously?

Of course you didn't. You are a busybody Karen with a passive aggressive streak... the absolute worst kind.

Dismissed.
REALLY?

I’ve met Vic before. He’s handicapped. He had every right to call the company

When I used to do law enforcement, I absolutely looked for and loved writing tickets to people illegally parking in handicapped spots. Only place these asshats that did were handicapped were in their brains. Jackasses that did this hit me hard as my grandmother was was in a wheelchair prior to passing away and getting a handicapped spot was a challenge at times

UP906

Post by UP906 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:55 pm

As law enforcement it is your job to write tickets to people that do dumb shit like that.

It isn't up to the resident hall monitor.

Thread Killer

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:02 pm

Constant Listener wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:39 pm
UP906 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:31 pm
Vic Doucette wrote:
UP906 wrote:
Busybodies.
How so?
Seriously?

Dismissed.
REALLY?

I’ve met Vic before. He’s handicapped. He had every right to call the company

When I used to do law enforcement, I absolutely looked for and loved writing tickets to people illegally parking in handicapped spots. Only place these asshats that did were handicapped were in their brains. Jackasses that did this hit me hard as my grandmother was was in a wheelchair prior to passing away and getting a handicapped spot was a challenge at times
I did not see a worker inside while I took my leak. One of them came out to the truck when I was on the phone with the company, got something from the truck and went back in.

FYI, I have cerebral palsy. Grew up in leg braces, had multiple surgeries on my legs and foot to help my gait. I have a permanent limp and these days always have a wheeled walker in my trunk for when I am going long distances or on days when my balance feels off. I don't much like falling.

I also spent 15 years helping run a baseball program for special-needs kids called the Miracle League of Michigan. It's home to the first rubberized, wheelchair-accessible diamond in the state and has served hundreds of kids and their families. Many have stories like mine about having the parking spots they are legally entitled to use taken up by people without disabilities. We've all heard every excuse in the book from those people.

Perhaps you understand now.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:12 pm

I appreciate your situation and the work you've done for disabled children, but I still disagree with the way you handled it.

Did the guy not see the note when you were on the phone to the company?

Thread Killer

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:19 pm

UP906 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:12 pm
I appreciate your situation and the work you've done for disabled children, but I still disagree with the way you handled it.

I can't tell you what she saw, but she did not take the note from under the wiper.

I've spent my life advocating for people with disabilities and won't stop as long as I am breathing. That goes triple for kids. I want them to have it easier than I did. And I will never apologize for that.

We should all think of ourselves as temporarily able-bodied. All it takes is one accident, one fall, even a simple transition into old age for you to join us. We've the only minority that anyone can join at any time.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:31 pm

And there's no way you can "appreciate" what we go through any more than I can "appreciate" what it's like to be black or a woman. Unless it hits you, a family member or a friend, you haven't a clue.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:49 am

UP906 wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:12 pm

I'm guessing he saw the note....and ignored it. Just like he did with that big blue sign that says HANDICAPPED ONLY that he parked in front of. I would guess people who do this a chronic offenders. I hope this bastard got canned.

The censorship king from out of state.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:55 am

Vic Doucette wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:31 pm
And there's no way you can "appreciate" what we go through any more than I can "appreciate" what it's like to be black or a woman. Unless it hits you, a family member or a friend, you haven't a clue.
What makes you think it hasn't?

Get a hold of your emotions Karen.

Thread Killer

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic