Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Another New Protest Group...

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Honeyman

Re: Another New Protest Group...

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:47 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:09 am
Honeyman wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:21 am
Anyway, my dog is Luna, my profile pic. Called a "blue" she's really a dark grey pit. She's nuts. Love her madly.
She's a lovely dog. I've always liked the "blues". A well bred, properly trained pit is a great dog. Unfortunately, "well bred, properly trained" is the exception in the metro Detroit area when it comes to that breed. 80% of the dogs that come into the main animal control facility in the city of Detroit are some variation of Pitt Bull. We call them Detroit Specials.
Thank you, Bryce.

I've always had pits or pit-mixes, probably because I have always adopted dogs, one being minutes from being put down. He was probably the sweetest and freindliest dog I've owned, at least when it came to people. Other species....not so much.

The censorship king from out of state.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:03 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:47 pm
Thank you, Bryce.

I've always had pits or pit-mixes, probably because I have always adopted dogs, one being minutes from being put down. He was probably the sweetest and freindliest dog I've owned, at least when it came to people. Other species....not so much.
Bless you. Wish more people thought that way. Unless you are going to use a dog for something particular like Shutzhund, protection or show, there is no reason not to adopt one of the thousands of dogs that are available.

My Bear was a rescue. Second best GSD I've ever had, and he didn't cost $3,000.00

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:34 pm

Bryce wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:03 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:47 pm
Thank you, Bryce.

Bless you. Wish more people thought that way. Unless you are going to use a dog for something particular like Shutzhund, protection or show, there is no reason not to adopt one of the thousands of dogs that are available.

My Bear was a rescue. Second best GSD I've ever had, and he didn't cost $3,000.00
Amen. And while I really have no point of reference since all my dogs were rescues, I believe adopted dogs know they got a lease on life and try harder to please.

When we bought our house, days after we moved in we were at the shelter picking out a dog. I figured it would be difficult since there were so many needy, wonderful pooches. Walking past all the cages, they were all barking and running to the front...except one. She sat back in her cage as proud as could be and gave me a look like, "Well, I might go home with you if you pick me." Naturally...... We had Emma for over 15 years. We found out she had heartworm after we rescued her, once had emergency surgery for a bullae in her lung, worked her thru conservative management for her ACL tear. A stellar dog. In her last year, there was a day that she must have gotten the puppy totally back in her and could not stop riunnin' around the yard. I started my phone about a minute in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLkjG4AlmiA

God, I loved that dog. SOOOOOOOOO many great dogs out there.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:18 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:34 pm
We found out she had heartworm after we rescued her,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLkjG4AlmiA

God, I loved that dog. SOOOOOOOOO many great dogs out there.
If you ever run into that problem again, I was part of a trial study on a low cost, longer term treatment for heart-worm. It doesn't require the complete "cage rest" for two months that the standard protocol calls for. It was developed by a team of veteranarians looking for a way to treat shelter dogs with heart-worm. Only downside is that it has to be in the somewhat early stages and takes longer. But, when you consider the average cost of heat-worm treatment is around $1,100.00 these days, the low cost treatment has a chance to save lives.

I'm going to watch the video now.

Wonderful. It's like watching a rather impressive person cutting loose at a wedding.

So wonderful. Almost like she felt good today and didn't want to waste a second.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:24 am

Thanks again, Bryce.

Took me awhile to watch the video after she went over the rainbow, but now all it does is give me joy. Despite those issues, she lived a long, happy life. My wife and I always say our pooches "hit the dog lottery" since they are loved and spoiled and walked and exercised and have a big yard to frolic in.

One other thing, Bryce, I mentioned how we got Emma through her ACL tear by conservative management. I did a lot of studying and consulted the gentleman who publishes this website: https://www.tiggerpoz.com/ I found the information and his help invaluable. She was coming off that bullae surgery and we did not want to put her thru another. We figured the ACL was not a life-or-death situation and gave this approach a try. It worked very well for her. If you have any relationships with dog people in a similar situation, I would strongly advise conservative management as a first attempt.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:11 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:24 am
Thanks again, Bryce.

Took me awhile to watch the video after she went over the rainbow, but now all it does is give me joy. Despite those issues, she lived a long, happy life. My wife and I always say our pooches "hit the dog lottery" since they are loved and spoiled and walked and exercised and have a big yard to frolic in.

One other thing, Bryce, I mentioned how we got Emma through her ACL tear by conservative management. I did a lot of studying and consulted the gentleman who publishes this website: https://www.tiggerpoz.com/ I found the information and his help invaluable. She was coming off that bullae surgery and we did not want to put her thru another. We figured the ACL was not a life-or-death situation and gave this approach a try. It worked very well for her. If you have any relationships with dog people in a similar situation, I would strongly advise conservative management as a first attempt.
Thanks!

Just went into my bookmarks.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:07 pm

Since we got a running dog dialogue, I wonder if you can shed your insight on this situation. My dog can be inside the house, other dogs walk by and there is no issue. However, there are a couple of women who walk by with their 2 Jack Russell's and my dog goes nuts! She has never met these dogs or had any encounter, but will bark like crazy EVERY TIME they walk by. I figure it's gotta be some sort of energy they let out...or maybe it's the owners. They are nice enough but fairly odd women, make no pretense what side of the fence they are on sexually. Ideas?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:50 pm

It's complicated. Individual dogs have certain things that trigger them. Figuring out what that trigger is, is the key to correcting it.

Is she homophobic?

Seriously, if you can, see what happens if the two gall's walk by without the dogs. If nothing happens the look and body language of those particular dogs is the trigger.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:40 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:50 pm
It's complicated. Individual dogs have certain things that trigger them. Figuring out what that trigger is, is the key to correcting it.

Is she homophobic?

Seriously, if you can, see what happens if the two gall's walk by without the dogs. If nothing happens the look and body language of those particular dogs is the trigger.
LOL...crossed my mind, but she loves my dyke sister.

They'll never walk by without the dogs. I just hope we dont run into them on one of our walks. Thanks.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:01 am

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:40 pm

They'll never walk by without the dogs. I just hope we dont run into them on one of our walks. Thanks.
Couldn't you speak to them, tell them that you're trying to train your girl not to bark when they walk by? Most dog people would be on board.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:30 am

Bryce wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:01 am
Honeyman wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:40 pm

Couldn't you speak to them, tell them that you're trying to train your girl not to bark when they walk by? Most dog people would be on board.
I think I'll just live with it. I've talked to another neighbor whose dog doesn't like them at all either. I really think it's some bad juju that only canines can sense.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic