Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Redundant Signage

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Redundant Signage

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:00 pm

If the checkerboard and the oak trees don't slow them down, then the gentle reminder won't likely be effective either.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Bryce

Re: Redundant Signage

Post by Bryce » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:46 am

I wasn't smart enough to take a picture when I saw it, but one of the hockey rinks I used to play at had a sign that read, "The Second Floor Is Upstairs."

I guess the local community has some kind of after school program called "The Second Floor" and indeed it was located upstairs. Still think they could have worded the sign better.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:55 am

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:40 am

Not really redundant, but the sign that used to be outside one of the locker rooms at Tiger Stadium would have been a great souvenir to snag: "VISITORS CLUBHOUSE NO VISITORS ALLOWED"

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:08 am

My wife used to work for our former church in the Religious Education office. Above the outer door to her office where people would normally enter was a sign with an arrow pointing down and saying "This is Jesus". On the outside of that door was a sign with an arrow pointing to the side and saying "Please Use Other Door". We got a chuckle out of the fact that a church would tell Jesus to use the other door.

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:15 pm

Up until now, if you wanted affordable dentures, you had to shop in the used market.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:44 pm

Got this new wireless mouse.

Label on the front of the package advised it would require 1 AA battery.

On the back of the packaged it cautioned me not to mix new and used batteries.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:51 pm

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic