Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Wunderground turns 25

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
kager

Wunderground turns 25

Post by kager » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:55 am

Born @ UofM in AA in '95, but located in SF, what was once arguably the earliest / most popular / best site for weather info on the 'net turns 25 this year.

I think its popularity peaked during the 1st half of its existence. Its founder left last year, and ownership changes by The Weather Channel and IBM definitely removed some of the 'campy' - if not goodness - over the years.

But hey - it's a historically-significant service, and still providing more useful 'original intent' information than MySpace... (or maybe even TWC, for that matter.)

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Wunderground turns 25

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:12 am

Terribly inaccurate for local observations, but it's entertaining.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

RayQix

Post by RayQix » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:02 am

I’ve often wondered what’s the point to it, with TWC and all. Then they integrated it into TWC and that team seemed to run with it.

Nice to know it’s history..... but I don’t see that it makes much sense nowadays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:23 pm

It works best for rural areas.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic