Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Banking in Times of Covid

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Re: Banking in Times of Covid

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:58 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:59 pm

You have a second home. I think you "made it."
Our second home is a mobile home. What could be more working class than Trailer Trash?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:32 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:58 pm
Our second home is a mobile home. What could be more working class than Trailer Trash?
I have a good friend that live in a "mobile home community" near me. His wife gets livid when I call it a trailer park.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:21 pm

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:32 am
Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:58 pm
I have a good friend that live in a "mobile home community" near me. His wife gets livid when I call it a trailer park.
Like Sarah Palin always said, "Put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig."

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:05 pm

Although they are a capitalist institution in a capitalist country, I have to say that US banks are more democratic than their Canadian counterparts.

No lineups outdoors. Everyone is permitted to enter, regardless of social class.

Circle Seven

Post by Circle Seven » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:05 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:05 pm
Although they are a capitalist institution in a capitalist country, I have to say that US banks are more democratic than their Canadian counterparts.

No lineups outdoors. Everyone is permitted to enter, regardless of social class.
Welcome to America. The cops don't give out tickets for not wearing a mask in your car. 90 year old's don't get taken to jail for blowing their horn. The cops don't arrest you for driving to your cottage.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:54 pm

Got back from Florida last week. I thought for sure it would be over by now. But I went to the bank yesterday and they were lined up right out into the street. I was on my bike, so I just went to the drive thru ATM.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:31 pm

Better go back! Need that cash for Vegas!

The censorship king from out of state.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:48 am

Got back from Florida last week. I thought for sure it would be over by now. But I went to the bank yesterday and they were lined up right out into the street. I was on my bike, so I just went to the drive thru ATM.
I only visit my local bank branch a few times a year, and often, I'm the only customer in the lobby.

Is online banking unpopular in Canada?

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:50 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:48 am
Probably not, but I'd bet (Canadian) dollars to donuts that it's unpopular with T-top! :lol

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:52 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:48 am
I only visit my local bank branch a few times a year, and often, I'm the only customer in the lobby.

I do most of my banking online. But there are times when you need personal service, like this week when I had to withdraw funds from my $US account.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:34 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:52 am
I do most of my banking online.
Well damn, T-top, you have to be one of the most vacillating and irresolute computer-using individuals I've ever met online. :lol (Just yankin' your chain. :razz )

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:48 pm

Pandemic's over. Everything back to normal. Equal inconveniece for all. We all have to line up together.

Today, while in line, the woman behind confided to me that she works in the morgue, I'm pretty sure I didn't need to know that

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:40 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:48 pm
Pandemic's over. Everything back to normal. Equal inconveniece for all. We all have to line up together.

Today, while in line, the woman behind confided to me that she works in the morgue, I'm pretty sure I didn't need to know that
Switch to an online bank. I use Ally and SoFi. There really isn't a reason to go into a branch anymore.

HD74

Post by HD74 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:14 pm

TT, she was just looking for your business. :smokin

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:27 pm

Neckbeard wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:40 pm

Switch to an online bank. I use Ally and SoFi. There really isn't a reason to go into a branch anymore.

I do most of my banking online. But there are some transactions can only be done in person, face to face.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic