Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Banking in Times of Covid

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Banking in Times of Covid

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:25 am

When I was last in Canada in 05, Canadians never used their debit cards but to withdraw money. I worked at a subsidiary within the big 3 and was told by a Canadian customer that we couldn't take their debit payment. Times change.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:44 am

I got my first card in 1996 and I was able to use it for payments. The only place I had trouble was at a shoe store in Florida and I think that was just a misunderstanding. I believe I was calling it something different than the term that they used. She didn't know what I meant.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:35 am

I bank on my smartphone. I renovate homes and all my transactions are done through my phone.
Last edited by Deleted User 15342 on Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:41 am

I do my everyday banking online with my computer but I need a debit card for point of sale payment.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:29 pm

Had some banking business today that couldn't be done online. Had to visit the Branch. Because of social distancing, they only allow one customer to be inside.

Outside there were two long lineups. One for working class and one for clients who had booked ahead using a app.

The client line was given priority. Whenever someone left the bank, one of them was allowed in. The only time a working class customer was invited in was when there was no one in the client line. By the time the customer exited there was always a new lineup of clients.

In the 40 minutes I stood there, only one working class got in. I gave up and left. I'd have been there all day.

Another bank will be getting my business.
I cannot remember the last time I've been inside a bank branch where more than three other customers were conducting banking business at the same time. It's been many, many years. The only time I visit a branch is when I need something notarized, I need a cashier's check, or I have rolled-up coins to deposit. I did refinance my house through my employer not long ago, so I visited the nearest branch to do the loan closing. I think I may have also visited a couple times to reorder checks, only because that way I am able to get the reordering fee waived (I very seldom write checks anymore).

I'm stunned to hear of lengthy lines in your neck of the woods, Turkeytop. Did you encounter this in Niceville or back home in Ontario?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:49 pm

It was here at home. It's because of social distancing. They're restricting the number of people allowed inside.

The ATMs are also inside. So many of the people are probably in line to use them.

I've never in my life been to Niceville or within 200 miles of Niceville. :lol

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:10 pm

No drive-thru ATM?!?! You need to find a new bank - or at least a new bank branch.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:54 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:10 pm
No drive-thru ATM?!?! You need to find a new bank - or at least a new bank branch.
There is a drive through ATM but that day I needed to do some face to face banking. I can't even remember now what it was.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:17 pm

Tried to make a deposit today at the Drive Thru ATM. For some reason it wouldn't accept my cash. Kept spitting it back out

Looked and there was no one at all lined up at the door. I marched right in, bold as brass. No one even challenged me at the door. I must have got there at just the right time. As I was leaving a lineup was growing on the working class side. No middle class though. Must be too cold out for them.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:43 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:17 pm
Tried to make a deposit today at the Drive Thru ATM. For some reason it wouldn't accept my cash. Kept spitting it back out

Looked and there was no one at all lined up at the door. I marched right in, bold as brass. No one even challenged me at the door. I must have got there at just the right time. As I was leaving a lineup was growing on the working class side. No middle class though. Must be too cold out for them.
Your moneys no good there... :lol

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:12 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:43 pm

Your moneys no good there... :lol
They were all crisp, new bills. That might have had something to do with it, The counting mechanism inside the machine couldn't get proper traction.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:35 am

Have a hard time believing the bank normally asks salary information when getting in line in the lobby.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:48 am

MotorCityRadioFreak wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:35 am
Have a hard time believing the bank normally asks salary information when getting in line in the lobby.
They aren't allowed to ask that.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:40 pm

Today, my Bank sent me an online survey to complete. Asked me to rate on a 1 to 10 scale how happy I was with my service yesterday. I scored them at a 10.

Then they asked me to give areason for that response.

I told them this.
I'm happy that TD is once again permitting working class people inside the branch. For the past several months we've been shut out as preferential treatment was given to your middle class clientele.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:05 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:40 pm
Today, my Bank sent me an online survey to complete. Asked me to rate on a 1 to 10 scale how happy I was with my service yesterday. I scored them at a 10.

Then they asked me to give areason for that response.

I told them this.
I'm happy that TD is once again permitting working class people inside the branch. For the past several months we've been shut out as preferential treatment was given to your middle class clientele.
“Hey, did you see what this clown wrote? What the hell are some people smoking these days?”..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic