Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

What are You Listening to in These Times?

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

What are You Listening to in These Times?

Post by Turkeytop » Mon May 11, 2020 1:45 pm

I find myself turning to the SXM CH 76 Symphony Hall channel. In spite of its lousy audio quality, it has a certain soothing effect on a troubled mind.

The world that I've lived in for all of my life has changed, probably for good. But classical music never changes. It's one constant we can hang on to.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Rate This

Re: What are You Listening to in These Times?

Post by Rate This » Mon May 11, 2020 2:10 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 1:45 pm
I find myself turning to the SXM CH 76 Symphony Hall channel. In spite of its lousy audio quality, it has a certain soothing effect on a troubled mind.

The world that I've lived in for all of my life has changed, probably for good. But classical music never changes. It's one constant we can hang on to.
I’m finding Easy Listening to be... well.. easy to listen to and relaxing these days.

HD74

Post by HD74 » Mon May 11, 2020 3:29 pm

Yiddish Polkas.
Makes my beer taste better.

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

UP906

Post by UP906 » Mon May 11, 2020 7:18 pm

Same rock as always.

I don't know how to post a picture here, so I'll post a quote...

"Worrying is like a rocking chair... it gives you something to do, but doesn't get you anywhere."

Stay away from people, wash your nasty self, weather the storm.

Easy peasy... enjoy your vacation.

Thread Killer

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Tue May 12, 2020 8:21 am

Thrash metal!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue May 12, 2020 3:20 pm

I don't have a religious bone in my body. I'm an atheist. But I enjoy traditional Christian music for the same reason I enjoy classical music It never changes.. A Mighty Fortress I Our God sounds the same today as it did 100 years ago.

I have zero interest in contemporary Christian music. Most of it makes me gag. But I like the old hymns.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue May 12, 2020 8:15 pm

The Chi-Lites, Temptations, Whispers, Lou Rawls, Al Jerraeu, Gladys Knight and Smokey Robinson have been filling my play list as of late.

Just something soothing about those artists to me, especially Al Jerraeu.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue May 12, 2020 9:59 pm

Phish just dropped a new album a few weeks ago.

I have been exploring Classical. It's the last US centric genre which I only have a light knowledge. After this I'm moving to Yiddish Polkas, I hear it goes well with beer.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Wed May 13, 2020 7:24 am

I spent the last weekend in April and first weekend of May listening to Jazz Fest in Place on WWOZ.org, a public station from New Orleans. Since the annual New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival was canceled, the station broadcast archived performances, some dating back to the mid-1970s. Sets were usually short, 30 minutes or so, so there was a great variety of artists, most with ties to the area.

The station reminds me of a NOLA version of what WDET-FM was 30 or more years ago. That's a very good thing.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic