Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Simple things we used to do before Covid

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Re: Simple things we used to do before Covid

Post by Turkeytop » Thu May 14, 2020 1:46 pm

Visiting a new car show room.

For the past several days, I've been negotiating a deal for a new vehicle, through e mail.

Actually, it's going not to bad. I always try to drive a hard bargain, but I don't think I have a good poker face. Over the keyboard I've been getting away with some pretty outrageous demands.

By now, I have the salesman pretty much to the point I wanted to be at, but I think I can still get him to sweeten up the deal a little more yet.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Thu May 14, 2020 2:06 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 1:46 pm
Visiting a new car show room.

For the past several days, I've been negotiating a deal for a new vehicle, through e mail.

Actually, it's going not to bad. I always try to drive a hard bargain, but I don't think I have a good poker face. Over the keyboard I've been getting away with some pretty outrageous demands.

By now, I have the salesman pretty much to the point I wanted to be at, but I think I can still get him to sweeten up the deal a little more yet.
I assume that prior to accepting the deal, you are going to make him commit to giving all the rest of his customers this year the exact same deal you got?

You know, collective bargaining and all.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu May 14, 2020 2:52 pm

Bryce wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 2:06 pm

I assume that prior to accepting the deal, you are going to make him commit to giving all the rest of his customers this year the exact same deal you got?

You know, collective bargaining and all.
If all the other customers and I had banded together and bargained collectively, I'm sure all of us would get a much better deal. "If you don't give all of us the deal, you won't sell any of us a car"

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic