Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

What Will Normal Look Like?

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
TC Talks

What Will Normal Look Like?

Post by TC Talks » Mon May 04, 2020 2:31 pm

I like futurists. This woman made a series of predictions about the next Pandemic (COVID-19) years ago. Now she is starting to vision what the new normal will be. She points to 911 as an example of how we as a nation had to pivot. It seems like this would spark an interesting debate. BTW, she isn't tremendously political, and I hope we could keep the conversation to discussing how we will need to change as a globe.
“I’m quite certain that this is going to go in waves,” she added. “It won’t be a tsunami that comes across America all at once and then retreats all at once. It will be micro-waves that shoot up in Des Moines and then in New Orleans and then in Houston and so on, and it’s going to affect how people think about all kinds of things.”

They’ll re-evaluate the importance of travel. They’ll reassess their use of mass transit. They’ll revisit the need for face-to-face business meetings. They’ll reappraise having their kids go to college out of state.

So, I asked, is “back to normal,” a phrase that so many people cling to, a fantasy?

“This is history right in front of us,” Garrett said. “Did we go ‘back to normal’ after 9/11? No. We created a whole new normal. We securitized the United States. We turned into an antiterror state. And it affected everything. We couldn’t go into a building without showing ID and walking through a metal detector, and couldn’t get on airplanes the same way ever again. That’s what’s going to happen with this.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/02/opin ... rrett.html

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

UP906

Re: What Will Normal Look Like?

Post by UP906 » Mon May 04, 2020 3:59 pm

Hopefully people will pick up more sanitary practices.

Hopefully people will better prepare themselves... ie a little money in the bank, maybe some precious metals, definitely stores of canned and dry goods.

Hopefully people will come back into the daylight with a little more empathy for their neighbors regardless of political affiliation. We've all been through this storm together.

Hopefully China is held accountable on the world stage for their role in this situation.

Hopefully manufacturing makes it's way back to North America.

Thread Killer

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon May 04, 2020 4:11 pm

Hopefully people will better prepare themselves... ie a little money in the bank, maybe some precious metals, definitely stores of canned and dry goods.
I'm always prepared in that way. Fat lot of good it does in this crisis. Should have been stockpiling face masks and hand sanitizer.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Mon May 04, 2020 5:07 pm

Too much bourbon... starting to feel a little better...

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon May 04, 2020 5:58 pm

TheForce wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 5:07 pm
hiking works better than bourbon. Bourbon tastes better after a good hike.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon May 04, 2020 9:37 pm

TheForce wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 5:07 pm
I have discovered that Knob Creek with a splash of Liqor 43 is an excellent digestif.

Also, Walmart shoppers look better with masks on.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic