Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Online Shopping

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Online Shopping

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:43 pm

These days it may be necessary to do some shopping online. I've tried it myself. I can't understand why anyone would choose it as their preferred way to shop. I like to go to the store, look at the item and maybe pick it up and feel it. Then, if I like it, buy it and take it home that day.

But, because of the mess we're in now I've tried doing it online, not always with success.

Last night my wife asked me to order something for her. It went not too badly until I got to the checkout part.

They asked me for my credit card info, first name, last name, address line one, address line two, city and province..When I got to the address part I put my house number and street name in line one. I left line two blank and entered my city and province.

When I hit submit it came back and told me address line two was a mandatory field.

So I put the house number in line one and the street name in line two.

Then it came back and told me there were too few characters in address line one.

So I moved the street name back to line one and in line two entered "Executive Suite."

Then it cam back an told me the name I had given didn't match the name on my credit card. It did match, exactly.

I told my wife she'd just have to wait until the stores reopen.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Rate This

Re: Online Shopping

Post by Rate This » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:12 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:43 pm
These days it may be necessary to do some shopping online. I've tried it myself. I can't understand why anyone would choose it as their preferred way to shop. I like to go to the store, look at the item and maybe pick it up and feel it. Then, if I like it, buy it and take it home that day.

But, because of the mess we're in now I've tried doing it online, not always with success.

Last night my wife asked me to order something for her. It went not too badly until I got to the checkout part.

They asked me for my credit card info, first name, last name, address line one, address line two, city and province..When I got to the address part I put my house number and street name in line one. I left line two blank and entered my city and province.

When I hit submit it came back and told me address line two was a mandatory field.

Then it came back and told me there were too few characters in address line one.

So I moved the street name back to line one and in line two entered "Executive Suite."

Then it cam back an told me the name I had given didn't match the name on my credit card. It did match, exactly.

Technology no like you...

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:24 pm

I had one success. The brand of shaving cream I've used all my life was discontinued about 8 years ago. At the time, I bought every can the store had left and hoped I would have enough to last me the rest of my life. But recently it was starting to look like I might outlive my supply. I was down to about two years worth.

I found online someone who still has a large cache of it. I ordered 12 more cans which should add about four more years to my supply.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri May 01, 2020 5:20 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:24 pm
I had one success. The brand of shaving cream I've used all my life was discontinued about 8 years ago. At the time, I bought every can the store had left and hoped I would have enough to last me the rest of my life. But recently it was starting to look like I might outlive my supply. I was down to about two years worth.

I found online someone who still has a large cache of it. I ordered 12 more cans which should add about four more years to my supply.
There is hope...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri May 01, 2020 6:29 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:43 pm

Was this a reputable website? You should be able to leave address field two blank.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri May 01, 2020 9:05 am

audiophile wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 6:29 am
[

Was this a reputable website? You should be able to leave address field two blank.

"Reputable website" That's an oxymoron.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri May 01, 2020 9:30 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 9:05 am
audiophile wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 6:29 am
[

"Reputable website" That's an oxymoron.
Not at all. You just have to educate yourself on what to look for.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri May 01, 2020 1:26 pm

In my effort to stimulate the economy, I've made several on-line purchases with nary a glitch.

My wife's birthday is coming up and I purchased several items via Amazon. Problem Free.

Purchased eight items from Chewy.com. Only issue is that deliveries are delayed by several days because of increased volume. Not a biggie to me, Chewy normally delivers by the second day now they are saying four to eight.

Purchased a pair of shoes from Gucci. (wife's birthday) Easy, Peasy. except for the price.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri May 01, 2020 3:22 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 1:26 pm
In my effort to stimulate the economy, I've made several on-line purchases with nary a glitch.

My wife's birthday is coming up and I purchased several items via Amazon. Problem Free.

Purchased eight items from Chewy.com. Only issue is that deliveries are delayed by several days because of increased volume. Not a biggie to me, Chewy normally delivers by the second day now they are saying four to eight.

Purchased a pair of shoes from Gucci. (wife's birthday) Easy, Peasy. except for the price.
Gucci? No kidding on the price.. yikes. Gotta keep her happy on her birthday though..

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri May 01, 2020 4:53 pm

Rate This wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 3:22 pm

Gucci? No kidding on the price.. yikes. Gotta keep her happy on her birthday though..
Especially since she remembered March 14th this year! :)

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri May 01, 2020 5:24 pm

Bryce wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 4:53 pm
Rate This wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 3:22 pm

Especially since she remembered March 14th this year! :)
Very good, it’s good when things go well. We could all use a little positivity at the moment.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Sat May 02, 2020 9:03 am

I used online shopping quite a bit when picking up from local retailers. The wife and I recently decided it was time for a new lawn mower, and we wanted a self-propelled model this time around. I checked around town and couldn't find anything within our price range. Before I drove to Lansing I wanted to make sure I could find something that fit our needs and budget without spending half a day hopping from store to store. Checked several retail sites and found what I was looking for at Menards. I confirmed that they had the mower in-stock and paid for it online. Then it was just a matter of driving to one location, showing my receipt and picking it up. I've done this for several items and find it to be a valuable time-saver.

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat May 02, 2020 11:30 am

Not counting the time you used price shopping :blink
Last edited by audiophile on Sat May 02, 2020 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sat May 02, 2020 11:59 am

I'm a big fan of online shopping since Christmas before last. I was wanting to buy one of those things you set on your lap to put a laptop computer on. Seems like a common item, right?
Went to six stores (I'm not exaggerating). Office Max, Office Depot, Target, Walmart, Meijer, and Five and Below. No luck.
Got on Amazon. Badda Boom. Badda Bing. Right to the front door.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic