Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

At least in Metro Detroit, paper towel is becoming as difficult to find as toilet paper!

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

At least in Metro Detroit, paper towel is becoming as difficult to find as toilet paper!

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:43 am

One Kroger store only had "full sheet" paper towel available. (I hate full sheet.)

Hollywood Market was sold out. Another SpartanNash affiliated store two miles up the street was sold out, but for super low quality, tiny single rolls that were highly priced at $1.50 each (only 48 sheets per roll).

Home Depot sold out. Walgreens sold out.

Finally sound some OK quality rolls - not particularly large - at the Aldi in Clawson for $5.00 for a 6 pack. This morning, I got bored and went to the Kroger near the Troy Amtrak station. To my surprise, (a) there was ZERO wait at the checkout, and (b) they had a respectable amount of Bounty select-a-size paper towel on the shelf! It wasn't cheap, though. $9.99 for a six pack, limit 1 to a customer.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!