Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Always Wear Safety Boots to a Gun Fight

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Always Wear Safety Boots to a Gun Fight

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:53 pm

Motorist struck when gun discharges inside truck on U.S. 22

A McConnelsville motorist was fortunate to suffer only minor injuries Tuesday when a blackpowder handgun discharged inside his truck and struck him in the foot as he traveled on Cadiz Road east of Cambridge.

Robert K. Rueckert, 39, suffered a bruised toe when pellets discharged by the gun struck his steel toe boot, but failed to penetrate the material. The boot reportedly sustained extensive damage.

The State Highway Patrol said the gun allegedly discharged when it dropped to the floor after a holster malfunctioned.

According to the patrol, Rueckert was driving a 2011 Ford F-250 on Cadiz Road (U.S. 22) near mile post 16 when the incident occurred at approximately 2:31 p.m. The American Gun Craft double-barrel blackpowder pistol reportedly discharged upon striking the floor inside the truck.

Emergency responders from United Ambulance, Old Washington Volunteer Fire Department, Guernsey County Sheriff’s Office and highway patrol were dispatched to the scene.

Rueckert was reportedly out of the truck walking around and talking to people when emergency responders arrived. He later refused medical treatment at the scene.

Rueckert was the lone occupant in the F-250 when the gun discharged. He was able to stop the Ford truck and no other vehicles were involved.
https://www.daily-jeff.com/news/2020032 ... k-on-us-22

McConnelsville is 895 miles from Niceville

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

audiophile

Re: Always Wear Safety Boots to a Gun Fight

Post by audiophile » Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:25 pm

Those are some boots!

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Re: Always Wear Safety Boots to a Gun Fight

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:04 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:25 pm
Those are some boots!

Years ago, when I worked in the plant, I won what was called the Ten on Two award (10 toes on 2 feet) for having avoided injury in an accident because I was wearing safety shoes.

This guy should be a candidate for the award.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic