Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

What are you doing to help yourself and others cope with the current environment?

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Re: What are you doing to help yourself and others cope with the current environment?

Post by Turkeytop » Thu May 21, 2020 9:21 pm

Another bonus. The absence of door to door solicitors and telephone solicitors. Did they all die from covid?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Rate This

Re: What are you doing to help yourself and others cope with the current environment?

Post by Rate This » Thu May 21, 2020 9:47 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:21 pm
Another bonus. The absence of door to door solicitors and telephone solicitors. Did they all die from covid?
Good point... door to door didn’t really exist much but I don’t get robo calls either... hmmm...

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat May 23, 2020 9:40 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 9:04 pm
We have a standing Sunday sunset gathering all Summer at our "secret" beach. 50 some odd families know about it from several generations. There are people from infancy to 70's. Food, libations, fires, and the sunset. I honestly spend about 4 hours a year on my yard. My lawn died in 2002, I planted creeping Myrtle.

Another favorite is gathering on Saturday's on my lake at a little island. We all float our boats in a small shallow bay.
The goofy tourists in Florida go out on the Clearwater Beach pier every evening and applaud the sunset.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun May 24, 2020 8:01 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:21 pm
I'm still getting robo calls. Although fewer in number, they continue. Oh, well, keeps my answering machine in business.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sun May 24, 2020 8:16 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:40 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 9:04 pm
We have a standing Sunday sunset gathering all Summer at our "secret" beach. 50 some odd families know about it from several generations. There are people from infancy to 70's. Food, libations, fires, and the sunset. I honestly spend about 4 hours a year on my yard. My lawn died in 2002, I planted creeping Myrtle.

Another favorite is gathering on Saturday's on my lake at a little island. We all float our boats in a small shallow bay.
The goofy tourists in Florida go out on the Clearwater Beach pier every evening and applaud the sunset.
I witness the same phenomenon every time I visit Key West. Watch it? Sure. Enjoy it? Absolutely! Applaud? I don't get it. The sun doesn't care.

I also am amused by the people that applaud at the end of a movie in a theater. Do they think the actors and director can hear them?

This is about 15 minutes prior to sunset in Key West. I found the seagulls to be much more interesting.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu May 28, 2020 9:55 pm

Now this is something to applaud.

103-year-old Massachusetts woman beats coronavirus, celebrates with Bud Light

EASTON, Mass. – Shelley Gunn describes her Polish grandmother, Jennie Stejna, as having a feisty spirit. Stejna certainly displayed that spirit as the 103-year-old woman recently survived a bout with the coronavirus.

Three weeks ago, Gunn said Stejna was the first to test positive for coronavirus in her nursing home. She had a low-grade fever and was moved to a separate ward.

Stejna didn’t really grasp or understand COVID-19, Gunn said, but did know she was very ill. Gunn said there was always a staff member by her side.

As Stejna’s condition worsened, Gunn said they called to say what they thought were their final goodbyes. She thanked Stejna for everything she had done for her. When Shelley's husband, Adam Gunn, asked whether Stejna was ready to go to heaven, she replied, “Hell yes.”

But on May 13, Gunn said she got good news — Stejna had recovered.

“This feisty old Polish grandmother of ours officially beat the coronavirus,” Adam Gunn, said.

“We’re truly very thankful.”

The staff gave Stejna an ice cold Bud Light to celebrate, something she loved but hadn’t had in a long time, Gunn said.

Stejna was the first resident in the nursing home to recover. They still have 33 cases of coronavirus, Gunn said.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Fri May 29, 2020 8:40 pm

Boy, if I'm ever in the same position, I sure hope they bring me better beer than Bud Light.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:27 am

The wild animals must sense that our species is weakened and vulnerable right now. They're becoming emboldened. Three times in the past couple of weeks, animal control officers have had to tranquilize and remove bears from neighbourhoods in our city.

A few evenings ago, walking in the park, I saw deer.

Today, when I was having a beer on the patio, a chipmunk hopped right up on the table and started eating the peanuts from my dish. I shared with him.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:23 am

The chipmunk is becoming quite brazen. He gets right up on my lap and eats from my hand.

He only comes around if my wife isn't there. He must sense that she wouldn't be as welcoming.

Squirrels can be cross and nasty. But chipmunks are friendly little critters.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:04 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:23 am
The chipmunk is becoming quite brazen. He gets right up on my lap and eats from my hand.

He only comes around if my wife isn't there. He must sense that she wouldn't be as welcoming.

Have you named him yet?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:55 am

Bryce wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:04 am
Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:23 am

Have you named him yet?
Not sure of the gender. Maybe just call it LL

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic