Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

COVID-19 Science discussion

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
stopnswop2

Re: COVID-19 Science discussion

Post by stopnswop2 » Sat Aug 15, 2020 11:34 pm

It isn't real. The end

Music is my life.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:19 am

I would love to have you sit in a COVID ward and see how fake it is.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:34 am

R Bedell wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:28 am
IMHO, Covid-19 is real. Like the common cold and flu. BUT..........It is NOT as serious of a illness as the Hateful Democrats and the Fear Mongering Swamp Media are portraying. This is a POLITICAL AGENDA.
Amen. Exactly. And I'm actually making friendly wagers with friends that it all "clears up" a few weeks after the election.

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:55 am

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:34 am
R Bedell wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:28 am
IMHO, Covid-19 is real. Like the common cold and flu. BUT..........It is NOT as serious of a illness as the Hateful Democrats and the Fear Mongering Swamp Media are portraying. This is a POLITICAL AGENDA.
Amen. Exactly. And I'm actually making friendly wagers with friends that it all "clears up" a few weeks after the election.
I totally agree.

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:48 am

You got it R you’re absolutely correct.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:09 am

So all these allegedly sick people are really professional actors whose contracts expire in November. They will check out of their hospital rooms and go home

The allegedly dead people will emerge from their underground bunkers that are disguised as graves.

Next crisis will be unemployed actors.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:52 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:09 am
So all these allegedly sick people are really professional actors whose contracts expire in November. They will check out of their hospital rooms and go home

The allegedly dead people will emerge from their underground bunkers that are disguised as graves.

Next crisis will be unemployed actors.
No, we will send them to your fucked up country. And the next crisis will be unemployed Canadians.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:08 pm

Thanks TC, for starting this science discussion thread. You've attracted input from the greatest scientific minds on this board. I hope CDC is monitoring all this.

Lucky and R Bedell, I see Nobel Prizes for science in their future.
Last edited by Turkeytop on Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:19 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:08 pm
Thanks TC, for starting this science discussion thread. You've attracted input from the greatest scientific minds on this board. I hope CDC is monitoring all this.
I’ll notify the CDC, that way they can keep your Canadian ass out of my country.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:03 pm

I have no issue with TT in the US. He's a little quirky but aren't we all?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 15342

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:14 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:08 pm

Lucky and R Bedell, I see Nobel Prizes for science in their future.
What’s the matter Turkeyturd, can dish it out but can’t take it.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:27 pm

Lucky615 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:14 pm

What’s the matter Turkeytop, can dish it out but can’t take it.

Help me out here. What have I been dishing out and what have I been unable to take?

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:26 pm

Don't feed the trolls.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:46 pm

Interesting read on 2021 predictions...
June 2021. The world has been in pandemic mode for a year and a half. The virus continues to spread at a slow burn; intermittent lockdowns are the new normal. An approved vaccine offers six months of protection, but international deal-making has slowed its distribution. An estimated 250 million people have been infected worldwide, and 1.75 million are dead.

Scenarios such as this one imagine how the COVID-19 pandemic might play out1. Around the world, epidemiologists are constructing short- and long-term projections as a way to prepare for, and potentially mitigate, the spread and impact of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. Although their forecasts and timelines vary, modellers agree on two things: COVID-19 is here to stay, and the future depends on a lot of unknowns, including whether people develop lasting immunity to the virus, whether seasonality affects its spread, and — perhaps most importantly — the choices made by governments and individuals. “A lot of places are unlocking, and a lot of places aren’t. We don’t really yet know what’s going to happen,” says Rosalind Eggo, an infectious-disease modeller at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM).

“The future will very much depend on how much social mixing resumes, and what kind of prevention we do,” says Joseph Wu, a disease modeller at the University of Hong Kong. Recent models and evidence from successful lockdowns suggest that behavioural changes can reduce the spread of COVID-19 if most, but not necessarily all, people comply.
The Journal Nature

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:01 pm

Interesting article:

New Cause of COVID-19 Blood Clots Identified
A new study reveals the virus triggers production of antibodies circulating through the blood, causing clots in people hospitalized with the disease.

Blood clots continue to wreak havoc for patients with severe COVID-19 infection, and a new study explains what may spark them in up to half of patients.

The culprit: an autoimmune antibody that’s circulating in the blood, attacking the cells and triggering clots in arteries, veins, and microscopic vessels. Blood clots can cause life-threatening events like strokes. And, in COVID-19, microscopic clots may restrict blood flow in the lungs, impairing oxygen exchange.

Outside of novel coronavirus infection, these clot-causing antibodies are typically seen in patients who have the autoimmune disease antiphospholipid syndrome. The connection between autoantibodies and COVID-19 was unexpected, says co-corresponding author Yogen Kanthi, M.D., an assistant professor at the Michigan Medicine Frankel Cardiovascular Center and a Lasker Investigator at the National Institutes of Health’s National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute.

“In patients with COVID-19, we continue to see a relentless, self-amplifying cycle of inflammation and clotting in the body,” Kanthi says. “Now we’re learning that autoantibodies could be a culprit in this loop of clotting and inflammation that makes people who were already struggling even sicker.”

More here:
https://labblog.uofmhealth.org/lab-repo ... identified

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic