Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Coronavirus Insanity

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Rate This

Re: Coronavirus Insanity

Post by Rate This » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:41 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:21 pm
Talked to a guy who has a business making and installing stair railings. He contracted with a builder to supply and install the front step railings on all the homes in a new subdivision.

He had the railing ready for one home into which the new owners are moving this week. He went there to install it Sunday afternoon when there were no other workers or anyone else around.

His business name is on his truck and right after he arrived a cop showed up.

The Cop told him his business wasn't essential and he had to leave.

He told the cop the new owners are moving in this week and the building code requires there to be a railing for the steps.

No good. The cop told him to get going. "If I see your truck on the road again. you'll be charged
Yikes...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:45 am

I guess when they fall off the stairs the cops can come back and take them to the hospital.

Working outside by yourself is not a threat to anyone.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:32 pm

A local Pastor defied the law today. The church has been closed ever since Ontario locked down five weeks ago, This week the Pastor decided to set up his pulpit in the Church parking lot. He invited the congregation to attend and listen in their cars parked six feet apart. Not sure if it was by radio or loudspeakers.

The police advised him that, if he went ahead with the plan, he would be charged, Haven't heard yet how it turned out.

News at 11:00.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:58 pm

Standing by...
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:16 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:58 pm
Standing by...
The police haven't laid charges yet, but they say charges are pending. They were at the church today with video cameras and recorded the event. They also went around the parking lot photographing license plate of the cars of the attendees.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:21 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:16 pm
audiophile wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:58 pm
Standing by...
The police haven't laid charges yet, but they say charges are pending. They were at the church today with video cameras and recorded the event. They also went around the parking lot photographing license plate of the cars of the attendees.
Good grief... that’s incredible though history is essentially playing out exactly the way it did 100 years ago...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:08 am

Good thing the USA has a constitution to protect us from these kind of hosers.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:06 am

audiophile wrote:
Mon Apr 27, 2020 6:08 am
Good thing the USA has a constitution to protect us from these kind of hosers.
I’m not sure that it would in an emergency situation. When tested before such an argument has failed.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:07 am

Rate This wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:27 pm
Is it a supply chain issue or a transportation issue? All of those businesses would be essential so there should be no disruption...
I've heard that a lot of it has to do with processing plants suspending operations. Some of it has to do with logistics, as many plants aren't set up to enforce social-distancing rules among workers. Some of it is concern over possible transmission of the virus through animal products. Meat processing plants are facing the same problem. A number of them are opting to close up shop until this all subsides to avoid any possible liability. There will inevitabally be shortages, and prices for available supplies will likely increase. Not to mention the run on these products that results when word like this circulates. People will grab as much as they can while they can, which means stores will run out of stock even quicker. Add to that the inflation that will result from the stimulus flood, and you have the perfect storm.

I fully expect $6/gallon milk before this is all said and done (and that's a conservative estimate).
Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:30 am

Calvert DeForest wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:07 am
Rate This wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:27 pm
Is it a supply chain issue or a transportation issue? All of those businesses would be essential so there should be no disruption...
I've heard that a lot of it has to do with processing plants suspending operations. Some of it has to do with logistics, as many plants aren't set up to enforce social-distancing rules among workers. Some of it is concern over possible transmission of the virus through animal products. Meat processing plants are facing the same problem. A number of them are opting to close up shop until this all subsides to avoid any possible liability. There will inevitabally be shortages, and prices for available supplies will likely increase. Not to mention the run on these products that results when word like this circulates. People will grab as much as they can while they can, which means stores will run out of stock even quicker. Add to that the inflation that will result from the stimulus flood, and you have the perfect storm.

I fully expect $6/gallon milk before this is all said and done (and that's a conservative estimate).
Fantastic... that would be at least a tripling in the price...

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:06 am

Of course the farmers will get nothing.

HD74

Post by HD74 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:08 pm

What to do?????
I've got so many Natty Daddy cans I'm running out of room in the back of my trailer!
I already stuffed the extra toilet paper in the old washer and dryer on my porch!
I can't put any in the BBQ, I'm using that to store extra sand hanitizer!
The park manager won't let me pay in cans!
Isn't there some type of government program I can get on?
My head is about to explode right out of my $200.0 helmet!
Arrrgh!

Can't we just open up some Tomra machines in a parking lot somewhere?
I need to protest!
You're never too old to learn something stupid.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:57 pm

Calvert DeForest wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:07 am
If it even comes close to that, I'll be drinking a lot less milk (NONE!) until it settles back down to normal.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun May 10, 2020 12:16 pm

My wife has been displaying some worrisome symptoms the last couple of days. Now she's developing a fever. I've just been out to a half dozen drug stores looking for a thermometer. They're all sold out. People must be hoarding them too.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Sun May 10, 2020 1:36 pm

I tried to buy another thermometer three months ago and couldn't find one.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic