Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

So I just got banned from my Nextdoor site.

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Honeyman

So I just got banned from my Nextdoor site.

Post by Honeyman » Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:48 pm

It's a community website forum thing if you aren't familiar. There were 8, count 'em, eight threads asking what local stores had stock of TP. Started a thread, "For crissake, how much do you people shit?!?" Just tried to log on and I "am no longer a member".

I hate people. Will have no problem social distantcing.

The censorship king from out of state.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: So I just got banned from my Nextdoor site.

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:04 pm

I find Nextdoor annoying a lot of the time. People asking for advice on strange things. (I thought that's what Yelp, Google, and Angie's List were for.) Some of the topics are truly bizarre.

Yesterday, I saw a thread started by an individual inquiring whether any readers had an "extra mattress" they would be willing to spare for a few weeks.

Suffice it to say, I didn't raise my hand.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

zzand

Post by zzand » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:29 am

Sounds like they need to lighten up a bit. Right now that appears to be a legit question.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:38 am

I used to belong but I quit in a huff after getting in a pissing match over some Ann Arbor political" topic. As a moderate I was outnumbered like Custer at Little Big Horn. I sort of wish I hadn't left because it can be useful.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:38 am

craig11152 wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:38 am
I used to belong but I quit in a huff after getting in a pissing match over some Ann Arbor political" topic. As a moderate I was outnumbered like Custer at Little Big Horn. I sort of wish I hadn't left because it can be useful.
I remember a few years ago, there was a H*** controversy in Ann Arbor over whether the spelling of the street should be "Glacier Way", which was named for the era which formed the physical features of the land nearby created by passing melting glaciers, or "Glazier Way" to honor artisans who worked with glass. Those people could get in a heated screaming argument with themselves over nothing.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:04 am

This is one of the reasons I steer clear of anti-social media. If I want to talk to my neighbors, I can call them or knock on their door. Granted, these things may serve a useful purpose at times, but they're mostly just electronic cliques. And we wonder why we're losing interpersonal communication skills.

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic