Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Plymouth - NE corner of Ann Arbor Rd and Sheldon Rd

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
SteveS

Plymouth - NE corner of Ann Arbor Rd and Sheldon Rd

Post by SteveS » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:22 pm

Does anyone know what the deal is with this lot? I wonder whenever I drive by it. The Shell station had been there forever and then it was demolished not that long after they had remodeled it. There was never a shortage of customers there. Now the lot remains vacant after I don't know how many years. Maybe just too pricey and small or maybe some kind of infrastructure or environmental issue that I don't know of. I really don't get why it was demolished.

fuzzpower

Re: Plymouth - NE corner of Ann Arbor Rd and Sheldon Rd

Post by fuzzpower » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:33 pm

I drive by there on occasion. My guess is too pricey to buy. Look at how long the lot at 5/Haggerty has been for sale.

km1125

Re: Plymouth - NE corner of Ann Arbor Rd and Sheldon Rd

Post by km1125 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:13 pm

It was probably very viable as a gas station when there was only a Mobil on one other corner. Now, with the Speedway and Kroger gas stations, I don't think a fourth station would make any sense, and not sure if the lot is big enough to support many other businesses. Maybe a drive-thru pot dispensary would make sense?

They did so some site remediation when they took out the old tanks from the Shell station, but I don't know if the site would be considered "clean" for just any purpose.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic