Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Unconnected

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Rate This

Re: Unconnected

Post by Rate This » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:05 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:24 pm
The Tampa Bay Rays have announced they will no longer be selling tickets for their games. Fans will have to pay for their admission through an app on their phone.

Ordinary folks will no longer be allowed to go to the ball game.
Actually ordinary folks will.. odd ones won't...

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:16 pm

I'm an ordinary guy and I have zero interest i baseball.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:56 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:16 pm
You don't have a cell phone... when 95% of the people have one and you don't they are ordinary and you are not so much...

Deleted User 15265

Post by Deleted User 15265 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:02 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:56 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
You don't have a cell phone... when 95% of the people have one and you don't they are ordinary and you are not so much...
No cellphone but has access to the internet go figure thats like having a car but no wheels but maybe there's no cellphone service where he lives so why have cellphone he does live in Canada and probably uses the internet at the library in town.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:19 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:56 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
It's pretty clear from his posts that he is one of those old people who thinks they are "sticking it" to society by going out of their way to be a pain in the ass. Instead, they are just making themselves more and more irrelevant. But boy he feels good about himself because he can play the victim card.

Deleted User 15265

Post by Deleted User 15265 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:58 pm

I think in Canada their idea of email is a carrier pigeon.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:19 pm

Wow. Who knew that choosing not to have a cell phone could make one the object of such derision? Maybe I should see if I can pick up an old one at a thrift shop. It doesn't have to work, just so long as I can strut up and down with it on my belt, pretending to be middle class. I could even shout into it at the restaurant, in church or in the checkout line.

Normalcy, at last.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:08 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:19 pm
Wow. Who knew that choosing not to have a cell phone could make one the object of such derision? Maybe I should see if I can pick up an old one at a thrift shop. It doesn't have to work, just so long as I can strut up and down with it on my belt, pretending to be middle class. I could even shout into it at the restaurant, in church or in the checkout line.

Normalcy, at last.
Not having a cell phone isn't the reason for derision. The reason for derision is your seeming insistence that society must not change because you are too stubborn and cheap. We get it, you're old. You don't like anything. You wish it were still 1982. But you keep posting this stuff in which you think you are clever because you were a pain in the ass to someone who made the mistaken assumption that you participate in the 21st century.

Deleted User 15265

Post by Deleted User 15265 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:19 pm

Graham nailed it well said Graham it’s 2020 not 1982, I bet the guy has a rotary phone and aluminum foil on a set of rabbit ears connected to his monochrome television set just to get 3 channels and his television set doesn’t have UHF on it because the set is from 1955 hence the title of this thread is “Unconnected”.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:54 pm

Be nice.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:33 pm

Classichits939 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:19 pm
Graham nailed it well said Graham it’s 2020 not 1982, I bet the guy has a rotary phone and aluminum foil on a set of rabbit ears connected to his monochrome television set just to get 3 channels and his television set doesn’t have UHF on it because the set is from 1955 hence the title of this thread is “Unconnected”.
WRONG

I don't watch TV. I'm a radio guy. And all of my radios incorporate the latest technology.

My late grandmother was a strict Baptist. She was dead against smoking, drinking, gambling, dancing, playing cards, movies and TV. If she was alive today, I'm sure she'd be against cell phones.

I always say that if it wasn't for my fondness for beer, I'd make a good Baptist, because I too am against all those other things.

Deleted User 15265

Post by Deleted User 15265 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:52 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:33 pm
Classichits939 wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:19 pm
WRONG

I don't watch TV. I'm a radio guy. And all of my radios incorporate the latest technology.

My late grandmother was a strict Baptist. She was dead against smoking, drinking, gambling, dancing, playing cards, movies and TV. If she was alive today, I'm sure she'd be against cell phones.

I always say that if it wasn't for my fondness for beer, I'd make a good Baptist, because I too am against all those other things.
Let me get this right you don’t have television but you have a computer and satellite radio what’s up with that and since you have a computer you don’t use apps or even know what an app is :rollin

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:17 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:19 pm

Normalcy, at last.
Even some of the most downtrodden of people have a cell phone now... it’s no symbol of class status whatsoever these days...

Deleted User 15265

Post by Deleted User 15265 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:06 pm

They have cellphones in the poorest countries in the world people live in huts and even have broadband service go figure no food but they have internet.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:34 am

Not exactly. Nearly 50% are still unconnected as of few years ago.

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News ... 505782626/

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2016/05/ ... nect-them/

I was part of an engineering team that helped introduce FM radio to an African country not that long ago.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic