Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Superbowl Halftime Show

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Calvert DeForest

Re: Superbowl Halftime Show

Post by Calvert DeForest » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:00 am

bmw wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:42 pm
Apparently Fox knew exactly what they were doing.

So far the youtube video of halftime already has 107,000,000 views.

Last year's Maroon 5 halftime? 14,000.000.

The like/dislike ratio is also 90/10 vs 10/90 for these 2 videos. Bottom line is that last year's show as a complete disaster and this year's was a big success.
Likes and dislikes have the same value in social media. What really counts is the number of views. Fox (or any other content provider for that matter) doesn't care if you like or dislike a video, as long as you click on it. Sex sells, but so does controversy. They likely knew this would stir the pot and create a buzz. After all, we're talking about it. :razz

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:41 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:54 pm
There was nothing wrong with the halftime show. A celebration of POONTANG!!!

There is nothing wrong with the female body, even when it’s moving.
Don't get me wrong, I love the female form. Never get tired of looking at it. I just don't want it to show up unannounced in the middle of a iconic national sporting event.

A show like they performed is nothing new (except the lack of musical talent) and has been around forever. See the image below of Sally Rand from 1933.

But, there is a time and a place for such and the Super Bowl halftime show in not the place...

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:52 pm

I take a certain measure of satisfaction in knowing I've never,once in my life, watched a Super Bowl game or half time show.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:58 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:41 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:54 pm
There was nothing wrong with the halftime show. A celebration of POONTANG!!!

There is nothing wrong with the female body, even when it’s moving.
Don't get me wrong, I love the female form. Never get tired of looking at it. I just don't want it to show up unannounced in the middle of a iconic national sporting event.

A show like they performed is nothing new (except the lack of musical talent) and has been around forever. See the image below of Sally Rand from 1933.

But, there is a time and a place for such and the Super Bowl halftime show in not the place...

Nice avatar... I like it. Remind me who that is? It’s a ventriloquist dummy but which one?

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:41 pm

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:58 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:41 pm
Right... very good choice... that’s pretty funny stuff! :)

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:00 am

LOL

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:16 pm

I think the real issue is that the Superbowl halftime show has become an event within an event. It's a completely separate element that has taken on a life of its own over the years, having no relevance to the game itself. In many respects the halftime show, along with the goofy commercials, have eclipsed the game. I think it's the NFL's attempt to expand the Superbowl audience beyond just mere sports fans. We don't see this in any other professional sport. There's no entertainment spectacle as part of the World Series, NBA Championship or Stanley Cup Series. No other sporting event is touted as a de-facto national holiday where people gather for big parties and call in sick to work the next day because they imbibed a bit too much.

The Superbowl is an event that has been overblown into more that what it really is....a championship football game.

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

Jacques Strap

Post by Jacques Strap » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:07 pm

They announced today, the 2021 Super bowl will not have any football play. Only the half time show and the special commercials.

You don't have to be a good sport, to be a mad one.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic