Acceptable registrations in the queue through October 17 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Superbowl Halftime Show

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
User avatar
Bryce
Posts: 3632
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Superbowl Halftime Show

Post by Bryce » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:41 am

The NFL and Fox should be embarrassed by the halftime show presented this year.

Presenting what could almost be called soft porn, preformed by two slinky tarts that the vast majority of middle American football fans could give two shits about, was I'll conceived.


Are you certain Nancy didn't think the sign on the door said SALOON instead of Salon?

bmw
Posts: 2381
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:02 am

Re: Superbowl Halftime Show

Post by bmw » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:23 am

I think this was an over-reaction by the NFL to the criticism they received last year re: Maroon 5 performing in Atlanta. The criticism then was that they passed over local talent for a generic bland performer. So this year, in southern Florida, what do we get? A Latin show that was half sung in Spanish.

Personally, I think the Super Bowl halftime show is outdated. Sure, it gives various entertainment media outlets something to talk about the next day, but for the average viewer, it is just, meh. They should do away with it entirely, shrink halftime back to its normal length, and just have a traditional sports-analysis during the half.



Rate This
Posts: 5765
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 am

Re: Superbowl Halftime Show

Post by Rate This » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:26 am

Bryce wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:41 am
The NFL and Fox should be embarrassed by the halftime show presented this year.

Presenting what could almost be called soft porn, preformed by two slinky tarts that the vast majority of middle American football fans could give two shits about, was I'll conceived.
So middle American football fans are all that counts? They were nearly naked? That part sounds nice to look at. What’s the problem?



bmw
Posts: 2381
Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:02 am

Re: Superbowl Halftime Show

Post by bmw » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:32 am

The problem is that the Super Bowl isn't supposed to be a TV-14 or TV-MA rated event.



Rate This
Posts: 5765
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 am

Re: Superbowl Halftime Show

Post by Rate This » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:04 am

bmw wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:32 am
The problem is that the Super Bowl isn't supposed to be a TV-14 or TV-MA rated event.
The Overton window on what is permissible has moved over time however. It’s also worth noting that any boy over about 12 is mesmerized by it and those under that probably don’t even get what’s happening. Nobody is being traumatized by it. Lastly why in the world would anybody watch halftime? That’s snack getting and facility visiting time.



Deleted User 24

Re: Superbowl Halftime Show

Post by Deleted User 24 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:07 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:41 am
The NFL and Fox should be embarrassed by the halftime show presented this year.

Presenting what could almost be called soft porn, preformed by two slinky tarts that the vast majority of middle American football fans could give two shits about, was I'll conceived.
I thought audiophile was our self-appointed morality officer.



fuzzpower
Posts: 770
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:37 pm

Re: Superbowl Halftime Show

Post by fuzzpower » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:26 pm

The music was terrible, but the women were great to look it. Looks were the most important thing to the NFL and Fox. I was at a bar on Guam (where it was late Monday morning at that point-a bizarre feeling), and everyone was watching. The only cheer I heard was from the kitchen staff. The crowd varied in age, from 20s to 50s.



User avatar
TC Talks
Posts: 3662
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:41 am

Re: Superbowl Halftime Show

Post by TC Talks » Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:07 pm

I'm ok with the splaying of cooch veiled under dental floss, most middle schoolers have discovered porn online already.

The music and vibe were very Miami, so members of the 'piss and moan about everything club' should avoid it at all costs.

What baffles me is the decision to have a children's choir in the mix with seemly rapey eunuchs prancing around. It was creepy.


© 2020 TC Talks Global Inc. All Rights Reserved

Y M Ionhere
Posts: 670
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:31 pm
Location: Where the sun no longer shines

Re: Superbowl Halftime Show

Post by Y M Ionhere » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:11 pm

Shakira has the body and moves. Covering them up is pointless. She is known for her bellydancing prowess. Skimpy outfits are neccesary for that. You dont have a woman put on a jacket to do tummy shake moves.
She will still be sexy at 60 years old.
J-lo? Well...i think she has had a lot more "alterations" done on her. Ive never been a fan. But Shakira? Shes sexy in multiple ways. Voice. Body. Performance.



User avatar
Bryce
Posts: 3632
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Re: Superbowl Halftime Show

Post by Bryce » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:53 pm

Vic Doucette wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:07 pm
Bryce wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:41 am
The NFL and Fox should be embarrassed by the halftime show presented this year.

Presenting what could almost be called soft porn, preformed by two slinky tarts that the vast majority of middle American football fans could give two shits about, was I'll conceived.
I thought audiophile was our self-appointed morality officer.
The Super Bowl is billed as a family event and is shown on network television in prime time.

If not wanting my family and younger nieces exposed to stripper poles, ass grabbing and crotch shots during a family event makes me part of the morality police, send me a badge.

Plus, the music sucked.


Are you certain Nancy didn't think the sign on the door said SALOON instead of Salon?

User avatar
Bryce
Posts: 3632
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Re: Superbowl Halftime Show

Post by Bryce » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:55 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:07 pm


What baffles me is the decision to have a children's choir in the mix with seemly rapey eunuchs prancing around. It was creepy.
This.

Hey! Maybe next year they can have Beyonce blow someone on stage with dancing nuns. That be some edgy entertainment right there.


Are you certain Nancy didn't think the sign on the door said SALOON instead of Salon?

Rate This
Posts: 5765
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 am

Re: Superbowl Halftime Show

Post by Rate This » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:09 pm

Bryce wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:53 pm
Vic Doucette wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:07 pm
Bryce wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:41 am
The NFL and Fox should be embarrassed by the halftime show presented this year.

Presenting what could almost be called soft porn, preformed by two slinky tarts that the vast majority of middle American football fans could give two shits about, was I'll conceived.
I thought audiophile was our self-appointed morality officer.
The Super Bowl is billed as a family event and is shown on network television in prime time.

If not wanting my family and younger nieces exposed to stripper poles, ass grabbing and crotch shots during a family event makes me part of the morality police, send me a badge.

Plus, the music sucked.
Who ever billed it as a family event? I must have missed those ads. You sound like someone complaining about grown up things being shown on the news because there might be kids watching... and yes I’ve actually seen exactly that happen... the game and everything about it is geared towards adults. You can choose to let them watch or not but don’t take my viewing enjoyment away because you don’t want children to see something. Personal responsibility gets preached about a lot around here by our conservative friends... well guess what you have to go and take... some personal responsibility to turn it off for a few minutes or mute it for a bit... but don’t touch my titillating moments please and thanks...



User avatar
Bryce
Posts: 3632
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Re: Superbowl Halftime Show

Post by Bryce » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:39 pm

Rate This wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:09 pm
Bryce wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:53 pm
Vic Doucette wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:07 pm
Bryce wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:41 am
The NFL and Fox should be embarrassed by the halftime show presented this year.

Presenting what could almost be called soft porn, preformed by two slinky tarts that the vast majority of middle American football fans could give two shits about, was I'll conceived.
I thought audiophile was our self-appointed morality officer.
The Super Bowl is billed as a family event and is shown on network television in prime time.

If not wanting my family and younger nieces exposed to stripper poles, ass grabbing and crotch shots during a family event makes me part of the morality police, send me a badge.

Plus, the music sucked.
Who ever billed it as a family event? I must have missed those ads. You sound like someone complaining about grown up things being shown on the news because there might be kids watching... and yes I’ve actually seen exactly that happen... the game and everything about it is geared towards adults. You can choose to let them watch or not but don’t take my viewing enjoyment away because you don’t want children to see something. Personal responsibility gets preached about a lot around here by our conservative friends... well guess what you have to go and take... some personal responsibility to turn it off for a few minutes or mute it for a bit... but don’t touch my titillating moments please and thanks...
If you call that entertainment and enjoy watching in in prime time with family, then your a pervert. Do you stand on street corners in a trench coat with pockets full of candy too?


Are you certain Nancy didn't think the sign on the door said SALOON instead of Salon?

Rate This
Posts: 5765
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 am

Re: Superbowl Halftime Show

Post by Rate This » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:45 pm

That doesn’t make me a pervert. And I’m not gonna go do whatever ridiculous thing you are suggesting with the candy comment. It means I choose to run things differently than you do. You are for freedom and yadda yadda yadda right up until you aren’t apparently... personally I’ve already stated that it’s snack refill and facility visiting time. The same goes for the national anthem, that’s bonus time to take a leak before kickoff. The game is important... the rest is a snooze. But your not liking it shouldn’t effect my ability to watch it. Just shut it off if it’s getting your panties in a bunch that badly, they put a power button on electronics for a reason but to call me a pervert because I like to look at beautiful scantily clad women? You’ve gotta be kidding me.

And while I don’t have children yet I can tell you that I’m not going to shield them from this kind of stuff. That will only hobble them later and make it harder for them to break out on their own and more likely to try really really stupid stuff later on that they couldn’t try previously because of that sheltering. I’ve watched several people gamed that way by their parents and it really hurt them in the long run. Not gonna play that game. I was exposed to all kinds of things at a young age. I’m still here and doing just fine thanks.

In closing we have two different ways of looking at this. Neither way is more right than the other. You may find my method offensive. I find yours overly innocent and forcibly wholesome and it makes me want to puke. But have at it if it makes you happy. Just don’t drag me into it because I will kick and scream all the way.



Deleted User 24

Re: Superbowl Halftime Show

Post by Deleted User 24 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:37 am

Bryce wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:41 am
The NFL and Fox should be embarrassed by the halftime show presented this year.

Presenting what could almost be called soft porn, preformed by two slinky tarts that the vast majority of middle American football fans could give two shits about, was I'll conceived.
Please tell me more about your single-channel TV set with no "off" button.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic