Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Outa Here

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Bryce

Re: Outa Here

Post by Bryce » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:26 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:41 am
ancing looks ridiculous any time. But when the prancers and wavers have white hair, it's downright obscene.
Could have been worse. Imagine the same thing at the nudist resort up the road from you. :lol

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:36 pm

Sign spotted in front of a church
today. Should have had a camera.

"Eternity: Smoking or Non Smoking?"

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:04 pm

Yesterday I cut my leg. It wasn't a bad cut. I didn't even know I had cut it until I felt the blood running down my leg. My wife wrapped it up, but a short time later the blood was soaking through the bandage and spreading.

About 10:00 PM it was still bleeding pretty hard so I decided to get it checked. I called our insurance to find out what hospital I was to attend. She directed me to go to the Largo Medical Center. Largo is the small town right next to our small town, Seminole.

I got in to Largo but couldn't find the hospital. I asked at a gas station and the guy sent me down this long, narrow, winding road to nowhere. It was a dark, windy night and the road just kept getting narrower. With the palm trees whipping around in the wind, it looked like a scene from a horror movie.

I finally reached the end of the road and this large, brooding, concrete building was all lit up. Largo Medical Center.

I seemed odd that there were no cars in the parking lot. It seemed even odder when I went in through the emergency doors, there was no one there except the attendant behind the desk. Usually emergency rooms are full of miserable people waiting to be seen.

They whisked me straight in to a treatment room. Turns out, Largo Medical Center is really a Psych Hospital. But they'll administer first aid to anyone who presents needing it. In no time at all, they had me patched up and gave me a tetanus shot.

Then, the confusion began. When they had checked me in, their computer had mistaken me for one of their former psych patients with the same name and birth date as mine. My namesake lives in a town called Valrico. They seemed awfully concerned that I had no memory of ever having lived in Valrico. I told them I had never even heard of Valrico. They must have thought I was really losing it.

They took me down to an interview room. The guy there called in his supervisor who, at 11:30 PM was at home having a drink with her husband. Finally, after I showed them my Ontario Drivers License, they got it sorted out. About 1:30, I was allowed to leave. I went home and had a drink.

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:18 am

Damn, that had to be a bit frightening. Being detained in a psych ward. Did you have visions of electrodes being attached to your head and "shock therapy" being applied?

Buy a lottery ticket. The odds of someone with the same name AND same birth-date, as well as being a former patient at a hospital that you were directed to by an insurance company has to be off the charts.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:31 am

What a scream. I hope you can laugh about it.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:23 am

Bryce wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:18 am
Damn, that had to be a bit frightening. Being detained in a psych ward. Did you have visions of electrodes being attached to your head and "shock therapy" being applied?

Buy a lottery ticket. The odds of someone with the same name AND same birth-date, as well as being a former patient at a hospital that you were directed to by an insurance company has to be off the charts.
My name is a very common name. Not Bill Smith but like that. And, I suppose my birth date is as common as any other.

This isn't the first time having a namesake has caused problems for me. Usually harassing bill collectors.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:29 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:23 am
Bryce wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:18 am

My name is a very common name. Not Bill Smith but like that. And, I suppose my birth date is as common as any other.

This isn't the first time having a namesake has caused problems for me. Usually harassing bill collectors.
God forbid you have a doppelgänger with the same name that commits a heinous crime in Niceville...

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:10 pm

They put on an outdoor party today with the requisite sixties music. As soon as it got going, the fools were up prancing around. Makes me glad I have a lame foot so I have an excuse to sit it out.

There’s a new one they called Electric Squirt. Women all line up in a row, watch each other’s feet and mimic each other’s movements.

I'm embarrassed for my generation. :oops:

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:28 pm

LOL

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:45 pm

Our mobile home park is enclosed by a high chainlink fence. Beyond the fence are ordinary, middle class neighbourhoods, with nice homes and families. We call them "the civilians." They call us "the inmates"

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:35 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:45 pm
Our mobile home park is enclosed by a high chainlink fence. Beyond the fence are ordinary, middle class neighbourhoods, with nice homes and families. We call them "the civilians." They call us "the inmates"
That explains much... if you have an HOA of sorts we could say the inmates are running the asylum...

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:14 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
You're middle class. You own homes in two countries. I know that you take being called middle class as a tremendous insult, but in this country's definition, you are the middlest of middle class.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:21 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:14 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
You're middle class. You own homes in two countries. I know that you take being called middle class as a tremendous insult, but in this country's definition, you are the middlest of middle class.

That's something official? Working class are not allowed to own property in more than one country? I could own a ten million dollar mansion in Canada, but not even a hunting cabin in one other country.

Can a middle class own property in more than two countries?

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:25 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:21 pm
Matt wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:14 pm
Turkeytop wrote:

That's something official? Working class are not allowed to own property in more than one country? I could own a ten million dollar mansion in Canada, but not even a hunting cabin in one other country.

Can a middle class own property in more than two countries?
You might actually be upper class.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:26 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:25 pm

You might actually be upper class.
No chance of that. :rollin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic