Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Outa Here

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Rate This

Re: Outa Here

Post by Rate This » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:16 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:09 pm
From what I've heard, everyone is panicking.

When we get home, we'll be required to self quarantine for two weeks. Not sure how well manage that. We'll be arriving home to an empty fridge.

The entire economy has pretty much shut down.

We're in the age group that's most vulnerable, but at least, being retired, I don't have to rely on a job for a pay cheque.
Find a way to get your groceries delivered if you can. If you don’t know how then find a young person.

Matt

Post by Matt » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:36 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:09 pm
From what I've heard, everyone is panicking.

When we get home, we'll be required to self quarantine for two weeks. Not sure how well manage that. We'll be arriving home to an empty fridge.

The entire economy has pretty much shut down.

We're in the age group that's most vulnerable, but at least, being retired, I don't have to rely on a job for a pay cheque.
Can you stop at the store on the way home? Technically, you are still in compliance if you go there before you arrive home.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:38 pm

At one of our local supermarkets you can order online, then you drive to the store and they load your order into the car. I don't think that would be a violation of quarantine.

But I think it involves using a smart phone. My phone on the kitchen wall isn't too smart.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:41 pm

Matt wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:36 pm

Can you stop at the store on the way home? Technically, you are still in compliance if you go there before you arrive home.
I was thinking I might stop at the beer store. I go right by it anyway.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:10 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:41 pm
Matt wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:36 pm

I was thinking I might stop at the beer store. I go right by it anyway.
That would be my first stop as well.

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:41 am

Kroger is good to non-profits too. You can register for whatever non-profit you want it to go to.
Indeed they are! One of the few major chains in the area that still permits Girl Scout cookie sales, Cub Scout popcorn sales, and Salvation Army bell ringers on its property. They also have bags of groceries available for purchase to support food pantries.

About five or six years ago, Kroger worked very hard to improve the shopping experience. I think they've done a fine job. On most items, they are now price competitive with both Meijer and Walmart. On their private label items, they are often significantly less expensive than the equivalent Meijer private label item.

Not all Kroger stores are created equal - they still have some small 30,000 square foot stores from the 60's & 70's in circulation in Metro Detroit (Evergreen and 12 Mile being an example) - but the vast majority of their stores have undergone nice renovations in recent years. I already have three Kroger stores within a few miles of my house, and I'm about to gain a fourth! Oddly, neither of the three incumbent stores offer fuel. The new store being constructed on Greenfield Rd. just up the road from the WDIV / WXYT-FM tower will be the first one near me to sell gasoline.

I was very happy to see Kroger scoop up the long vacant Kmart building on Greenfield in Oak Park; that thing probably would've sat empty forever otherwise. I'm not sure if that site would've been large enough to support a BJ's Wholesale Club store, for example.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:51 pm

Hey TT, any thoughts about Ms. Trudeau testing positive after being with Idris Elba but Justin not testing positive?

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:06 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:51 pm
Hey TT, any thoughts about Ms. Trudeau testing positive after being with Idris Elba but Justin not testing positive?
They were closer than 6 feet apart at some point...

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:43 pm

Matt wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:51 pm
Just wish it had been him, instead of his wife.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri May 01, 2020 7:41 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:04 pm
Yesterday I cut my leg. It wasn't a bad cut. I didn't even know I had cut it until I felt the blood running down my leg. My wife wrapped it up, but a short time later the blood was soaking through the bandage and spreading.

About 10:00 PM it was still bleeding pretty hard so I decided to get it checked. I called our insurance to find out what hospital I was to attend. She directed me to go to the Largo Medical Center. Largo is the small town right next to our small town, Seminole.

I got in to Largo but couldn't find the hospital. I asked at a gas station and the guy sent me down this long, narrow, winding road to nowhere. It was a dark, windy night and the road just kept getting narrower. With the palm trees whipping around in the wind, it looked like a scene from a horror movie.

I finally reached the end of the road and this large, brooding, concrete building was all lit up. Largo Medical Center.

I seemed odd that there were no cars in the parking lot. It seemed even odder when I went in through the emergency doors, there was no one there except the attendant behind the desk. Usually emergency rooms are full of miserable people waiting to be seen.

They whisked me straight in to a treatment room. Turns out, Largo Medical Center is really a Psych Hospital. But they'll administer first aid to anyone who presents needing it. In no time at all, they had me patched up and gave me a tetanus shot.

Then, the confusion began. When they had checked me in, their computer had mistaken me for one of their former psych patients with the same name and birth date as mine. My namesake lives in a town called Valrico. They seemed awfully concerned that I had no memory of ever having lived in Valrico. I told them I had never even heard of Valrico. They must have thought I was really losing it.

They took me down to an interview room. The guy there called in his supervisor who, at 11:30 PM was at home having a drink with her husband. Finally, after I showed them my Ontario Drivers License, they got it sorted out. About 1:30, I was allowed to leave. I went home and had a drink.
When we arrived home last month, there was a bill from the hospital in the mail. $3200. My insurance was supposed to have paid it. I called the Insurance Company. The guy told me to send in a copy of the bill and they would take care of it.

Today, the same bill arrived in the mail again, with a more urgent demand for payment. This time, I put the bill into the return envelope they had provided and sent it back along with a note advising them that their patient no longer lives at this address. He has returned to his residence in Valrico. They should contact him there.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Fri May 01, 2020 8:10 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 7:41 pm
Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:04 pm
Yesterday I cut my leg. It wasn't a bad cut. I didn't even know I had cut it until I felt the blood running down my leg. My wife wrapped it up, but a short time later the blood was soaking through the bandage and spreading.

About 10:00 PM it was still bleeding pretty hard so I decided to get it checked. I called our insurance to find out what hospital I was to attend. She directed me to go to the Largo Medical Center. Largo is the small town right next to our small town, Seminole.

I got in to Largo but couldn't find the hospital. I asked at a gas station and the guy sent me down this long, narrow, winding road to nowhere. It was a dark, windy night and the road just kept getting narrower. With the palm trees whipping around in the wind, it looked like a scene from a horror movie.

I finally reached the end of the road and this large, brooding, concrete building was all lit up. Largo Medical Center.

I seemed odd that there were no cars in the parking lot. It seemed even odder when I went in through the emergency doors, there was no one there except the attendant behind the desk. Usually emergency rooms are full of miserable people waiting to be seen.

They whisked me straight in to a treatment room. Turns out, Largo Medical Center is really a Psych Hospital. But they'll administer first aid to anyone who presents needing it. In no time at all, they had me patched up and gave me a tetanus shot.

Then, the confusion began. When they had checked me in, their computer had mistaken me for one of their former psych patients with the same name and birth date as mine. My namesake lives in a town called Valrico. They seemed awfully concerned that I had no memory of ever having lived in Valrico. I told them I had never even heard of Valrico. They must have thought I was really losing it.

They took me down to an interview room. The guy there called in his supervisor who, at 11:30 PM was at home having a drink with her husband. Finally, after I showed them my Ontario Drivers License, they got it sorted out. About 1:30, I was allowed to leave. I went home and had a drink.
When we arrived home last month, there was a bill from the hospital in the mail. $3200. My insurance was supposed to have paid it. I called the Insurance Company. The guy told me to send in a copy of the bill and they would take care of it.

Today, the same bill arrived in the mail again, with a more urgent demand for payment. This time, I put the bill into the return envelope they had provided and sent it back along with a note advising them that their patient no longer lives at this address. He has returned to his residence in Valrico. They should contact him there.
Ah Valrico... what a town...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic