Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Outa Here

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Outa Here

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:58 pm

Leaving Friday morning for Florida. Expecting to be there some time Sunday. Won’t be back til the end of April.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

audiophile

Re: Outa Here

Post by audiophile » Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:59 pm

Nice weather in both locations!

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:08 pm

audiophile wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:59 pm
Nice weather in both locations!
Looking ahead to Sunday when we arrive, it's supposed to be a little chilly. About 55 deg.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:36 pm

It was almost that warm here not long ago.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:50 pm

audiophile wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:36 pm
It was almost that warm here not long ago.

Yes. Just a few days ago.

The women who live in Florida year round love those cool days in the 50s. Gives them a chance to wear their winter fashions, Coats, hats, scarves, mitts and winter boots.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:14 am

It's comical to see them. I have worn my wind breaker most of time lately.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:53 pm

Greetings from Lexington KY. Didn't get as far today as we had planned to. Rain, rain rain.

Tomorrow will be a long day.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:36 pm

Easy drive. I do it in one shot.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:32 am

You have to be thinking AT LEAST Valdosta today, right?

I personally agree with Audiophile that it can be done in one shot, but it would be a really long day.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:01 pm

Greetings from Lake Park GA, about ten miles south of Valdosta.

We've, over the years, learned that, with the travel budget, it's better to scrimp on the food, than on the room. So, when we're on the road, we eat a lot of fast food meals. For hotels, it's been our experience, the best deal in hotels is Hampton Inn. Good rooms for about $100 per night.

Last night, we checked into a Hampton Inn in Lexington. The room appeared to be up to its usual standards except there was no waste basket. A minor inconvenience. This morning when I went to take my shower, I found the waste basket. It was in the tub, behind the shower curtain and containing puke :barf . I took it down to the desk and showed the guy. He canceled the bill for the room.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:39 am

That sucks that you had to find that the bathroom and room was not properly cleaned, but at least you got a free night out of it.

Best luck on the last stretch of your drive today!

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:20 am

I wouldn't have touched it. The Flu is going around.

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:41 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:01 pm
…. We've, over the years, learned that, with the travel budget, it's better to scrimp on the food, than on the room. So, when we're on the road, we eat a lot of fast food meals. For hotels, it's been our experience, the best deal in hotels is Hampton Inn …
I'm along the same lines. Subway is the meal of choice when on the road.
Only difference is I always stay at a Holiday Inn Express. Never have had a problem or issue with the room or the hotel.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:03 pm

Greetings from Seminole FL. Arrived around noon Sunday. Still no Internet. The cable Company was to have me all set up before we got here. Using a borrowed connection.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:41 am

So, they put on a show for us here tonight. 60s music, of course. The assumption is that we are the generation that grew up with that, so that's all we want to hear.

In reality, most of us got a belly full of that back then and we've since moved on to jazz, classical or even cowboy music.

They kept an area of the floor open and, sure as Hell, someone started dancing. Before long, there was a gang of them up there prancing around waving their arms in the air. Dancing looks ridiculous any time. But when the prancers and wavers have white hair, it's downright obscene.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic