Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Nonessential Drug Dealing Results in $750 Fine

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Nonessential Drug Dealing Results in $750 Fine

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:36 pm

Hamilton cops charge man with selling cocaine, operating non-essential business

Hamilton police have laid trafficking charges against an alleged drug dealer — and slapped on a fine for operating a non-essential business.

Const. Jerome Stewart says drug unit officers began following an aggressive driver on Friday.

He says the driver allegedly made several stops to conduct drug deals before officers arrested him for trafficking around 8 p.m.

Stewart says police seized cocaine and cash.

He says they also issued the man a ticket under Ontario’s Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act, invoked in mid-March in an effort to fight the COVID-19 pandemic.

Stewart says drug dealing is not an essential service, and the man faces a $750 fine if found guilty on that charge.

-The Canadian Press
Hamilton ON is 1164 miles from Niceville

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Turkeytop

Re: Nonessential Drug Dealing Results in $750 Fine

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:07 pm

I'm betting on a plea bargain. They drop the trafficking charge and he pleads guilty on the nonessential business.
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:42 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:07 pm
I'm betting on a plea bargain. They drop the trafficking charge and he pleads guilty on the nonessential business.
Non-essential business they say... perhaps some people should be envied for being completely oblivious to the turmoil around them for once... this man was merely facilitating it... sounds essential to me.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:25 am

Whitmer deemed pot warehouses as essential but shut down Jo Ann's Fabric that was giving away mask kits.

Crazy...
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic