Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Another Phone Scam

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Re: Another Phone Scam

Post by Turkeytop » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:07 pm

Vic Doucette wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:17 am
Unless I am job-hunting or otherwise expecting a call from someone I don't know, I never answer a call from a number I don't recognize. Problem largely solved.
This isn't calls I have answered. It's calls I've placed to legitimate numbers that somehow get redirected to the scammers.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Turkeytop

Re: Another Phone Scam

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:13 pm

It happened again today, for the first time in about two years. I was calling a toll free number I've never called before and the call got redirected to the same free cruise scammers.

Someone here already suggested that I'm somehow fumbling and misdialing the number. I could see something like that happening once if the number was similar to the one being called. But what are the chances that someone would misdial to that very same number while attempting to call various other numbers?

These scammers can't rely on people just accidentally calling them. And no one will intentionally call them.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic