Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

I'm still kicking...

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Ed Joseph

I'm still kicking...

Post by Ed Joseph » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:26 pm

It's been a while since I posted here, but I'm still vertical.

We've had a really rough couple months. First, I had a CT scan of my lungs, where non-alcoholic cirrohsis of the liver was discovered. I figure it had to be from the statins I was on until 2014, which did much damage to my joints and muscles. Liver function is still normal, but this does explain the horrible fatigue I've been dealing with the past couple years.

In the past month, I've lost 2 aunts, my Father-in-Law and a good friend. I'm hoping this is the last of the funerals for a while.

Still just struggling to keep food on the table. Trying to keep myself busy putting up shortwave antennas.

Just thought I'd say hello!

I confirm all my information through a high, white whore's souse!

craig11152

Re: I'm still kicking...

Post by craig11152 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:45 pm

hope your health improves. Best wishes

I no longer directly engage trolls

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:32 pm

Here's hoping your health improves.

If I can ever get a waiver from our association so I can put up my yagi on the old Rohn Spalding I have, I'll get in touch.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:04 pm

All the best to you, friend.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:29 am

Ed Joseph wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:26 pm

We've had a really rough couple months. First, I had a CT scan of my lungs, where non-alcoholic cirrohsis of the liver was discovered. I figure it had to be from the statins I was on until 2014, which did much damage to my joints and muscles. Liver function is still normal, but this does explain the horrible fatigue I've been dealing with the past couple years.

In the past month, I've lost 2 aunts, my Father-in-Law and a good friend. I'm hoping this is the last of the funerals for a while.

Still just struggling to keep food on the table. Trying to keep myself busy putting up shortwave antennas.

Wow!

I never bought into using drugs to lower cholesterol. I encourage everyone to use as little medicine as you can. Doctors trying to lower blood pressure to 120 is also stupid and dangerous too. Find other ways to reduce it. Eat right, lose weight, take a long walk, take a mid-day nap, hold hands...

If you need a little of BP medicine, use a little to keep it below 150.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

FET-500

Post by FET-500 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:38 am

Ed Joseph wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:26 pm

Fatty liver? The liver damage is likely due to what is called "metabolic syndrome". When we were told to avoid fat, we were lied to - it is carbohydrates.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-alcoh ... er_disease

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:54 am

Glad you're past a rough patch! Be well

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:45 am

Glad you're doing better Ed! Our prayers are with you and your family.

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

Ed Joseph

Post by Ed Joseph » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:54 pm

Thank you folks!

As for the statins, been off them since 2013 and cholesterol. trigs are normal now.

I agree the fats, and cholesterol, were demonized in order to push more carbs on us, likely intentional. I *never* trust corporations of ANY type anymore.

In 2012, I was on 18 different meds a day, I am now down to 7.

I confirm all my information through a high, white whore's souse!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic