Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

I'm Lovin It

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

I'm Lovin It

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:43 pm

10-Year-Old McDonald’s Order Looks Like It Was Just Ordered Today

This super fan kept it in a cabinet for 10 years to see what would happen to it.

The McDonald’s meal may be 10 years old but it looks as if it’s just fine. There’s no mold or decay to be seen, even though this meal was made and sold a solid decade ago.

The McDonald’s meal has become something of a tourist attraction, and people even go to see it at its current residence. The burger and fries came from an Iceland location that closed down back in 2009.

Hjortur Smarason decided to buy the country’s final burger and fries before the locations closed. “I had heard that McDonald’s never decomposes so I just wanted to see if it was true or not,” he said.

A full ten years has now passed and the meal looks as if no time has passed at all. The bun has no mold on account of all the preservatives the chain uses to keep the food “fresher,” longer. There’s even a live stream, of the burger and fries, available to view and watch online for free.

“The old guy is still there, feeling quite well,” said hostel owner Siggi Sigurdur said. “It’s a fun thing, of course, but it makes you think about what you are eating. There is no mold, it’s only the paper wrapping that looks old.”

The hostel owner says that people from around the world come to view and see the burger and fries. The livestream is said to have up to 400,000 hits every day.

The meal has not always been kept in a glass case though. Smarason says that at first he kept it in a plastic bag in his garage.

He donated the meal to the National Museum of Iceland three years in, after noticing that the meal really had no real change at all. After the museum decided they weren’t equipped to preserve the food, they returned it to its original owner.

“I think he was wrong because this hamburger preserves itself,” Smarason said.

The McDonald’s meal was kept in a different hostel in Reykjavik before it was moved to its current location. McDonald’s has been asked for a statement and has not yet responded.
https://www.oddee.com/10-year-old-mcdon ... day-50426/

Reykjavik is 3598 miles from Niceville

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.