Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Driving Enthusiast Becomes Victim of Home Burglary While Incarcerated.

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Driving Enthusiast Becomes Victim of Home Burglary While Incarcerated.

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Jun 22, 2019 9:42 pm

Florida woman arrested after turning in estranged husband's gun a day after he tried to run her over: reports

Lakeland - A woman was reportedly arrested after taking firearms from her estranged husband’s home to turn in to police, a day after he allegedly tried to run over her.

Courtney Irby, 32, was arrested last Saturday and charged with one count of armed burglary after an arrest affidavit said she showed up to the Lakeland Police Department station with guns belonging to her husband, Joseph Irby, just one day after he was arrested on a domestic battery charge, WKMG reported.

According to police, Irby admitted to entering her husband’s apartment without permission and taking the guns to the station over fears he “wasn’t going to turn them in” himself

“I did not even know where the guns were located. I had to search around the apartment for them, so I could bring them to you,” she told police, according to Fox 23.

But the officer speaking to Irby reportedly responded: “So, are you telling me you committed an armed burglary?”

Police contacted Irby’s husband, who was being held at the Polk County Jail for the previous day’s incident, and he informed officers that he wanted to file charges against his wife, WKMG reported.

She was arrested and charged. The Lakeland Police Department did not immediately return Fox News’ request for comment.

The arrest affidavit revealed that the couple had finished a divorce hearing on June 14 when they got into an argument. While trying to leave the courthouse, Irby’s vehicle was allegedly rear-ended by her husband, who was attempting to run her off the road while she was on the phone with police.

Irby’s arrest has sparked public outcry from those criticizing law enforcement for arresting someone who seemed to be concerned with their own safety.

Democratic state Rep. Anna Eskamani said on Twitter that Irby “should not be prosecuted for protecting herself and her family.” She criticized the Lakeland Police Department for arresting someone “seeking help.”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-woma ... er-reports

Lakeland is 415 miles from Niceville.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Turkeytop

Re: Driving Enthusiast Becomes Victim of Home Burglary While Incarcerated.

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:22 pm

Case dropped against Florida woman arrested after taking estranged husband’s guns

POLK COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – The Polk County man and woman involved in a high-profile domestic violence incident this year have entered into an agreement with state prosecutors to have their cases dropped.

This news comes as 8 On Your Side learns new details about the alleged crimes of Courtney Taylor Irby.

Irby, who goes by Taylor, was arrested in June when police say she removed weapons from the apartment of her estranged husband, Joseph Irby.

According to an arrest affidavit, Taylor took Joseph Irby’s guns while he was behind bars after being arrested for domestic aggravated battery with a deadly weapon. He is accused of ramming his car into Taylor’s vehicle back on June 14 in the parking lot of the Bartow courthouse.

State Attorney Brian Haas says Taylor did not go into the home with the intention of retrieving the guns. According to Haas, Taylor and a few of her friends went into the home and took two men’s watches, a GoPro and possibly a computer as well as two guns. The state attorney says it appears taking the guns was “merely an afterthought.”

Prosecutors told 8 On Your Side Investigative reporter Mahsa Saeidi Tuesday that both Joseph and Taylor Irby have entered into an agreement to drop their cases.

According to prosecutors, the two have entered into a 12-month pre-trial intervention program. If they fail to abide by the conditions, the cases will be refiled.

Prosecutors also say that further investigation revealed evidence of other alleged crimes committed by Taylor. According to a document released by investigators, the state believes Taylor “surreptitiously placed a GPS tracker in Joseph Irby’s vehicle.”

The document released by prosecutors also says Taylor went to “substantial lengths to be labeled a domestic violence victim.” Prosecutors believe she may have done that to obtain an advantage in a highly emotional and contested divorce.
https://www.myhighplains.com/news/natio ... ands-guns/

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic