Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Chickens Traumatized by Street Name

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Chickens Traumatized by Street Name

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:47 pm

PETA asks mayor to change name of 'Chicken Dinner Road'

CALDWELL, Idaho - “Chicken Dinner Road” is a real street in Caldwell, Idaho, and PETA is hoping to change that.

According to local lore, the street originally got its name when Governor C. Ben Ross was persuaded with a fried chicken dinner to have the road fixed.

But the Executive Vice President of PETA, Tracy Reiman, sent a letter to Caldwell Mayor Garret L. Nancolas urging him to change the name to something a bit kinder — she suggested simply removing the mention of dinner and calling the road “Chicken Road.”

“Just like dogs, cats, and human beings, chickens feel pain and fear and value their own lives,” says Reiman. “PETA is asking Mayor Nancolas to change this road’s name to one that celebrates chickens as individuals, not as beings to kill, chop up, and label as ‘dinner.'”

Reiman argued in her letter that chickens are intelligent animals, “Even young chicks can count and perform basic addition and subtraction.”

PETA, an animal rights group that opposes speciesism — also referred to as a human-supremacist worldview — emphasizes that words can be powerful tools with the ability to affect the way humans view things.

Should Nancolas decide to change the name of the roadway, PETA has offered to contribute to the cost of new signs.

http://www.my9nj.com/group-content-team ... inner-road

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Y M Ionhere

Re: Chickens Traumatized by Street Name

Post by Y M Ionhere » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:01 pm

HOW do they know the math skills of chickens? They cant talk and they cannot demonstrate counting skills on their feet.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:29 pm

How high could they count? They only have six fingers.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:05 pm

Rename it Chicken PETA.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

bmw

Post by bmw » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:43 pm

The mayor has responded.
Regarding the PETA request...When I first received the letter, I thought it was a joke, I literally laughed! When I realized the letter was for real, it made me extremely irritated that they would waste our time with such a ridiculous request!! If they had actually done their homework they would have realized that Chicken Dinner Road is not even within Caldwell’s jurisdiction...that being said, even if it was, NO WAY, NO CHANCE I would ever consider this truly unbelievable request!! We have many issues to consider, but this IS NOT one of them!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic