Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Getting The Hell Out Of Saginaw, Bay City And Flint

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Deleted User 8570

Re: Getting The Hell Out Of Saginaw, Bay City And Flint

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:43 pm

stopnswop2 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:24 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:03 pm
My wife got in a very heated argument with an oral surgeon over their use of opioids. They were all set to administer opioids without any discussion. When the topic of addiction was raised they looked at her like they had no idea what she was talking about. There's a H*** lapse between certain healthcare providers and the public that probably won't be addressed until someone goes to prison for over-prescribing.

A big kudos to CVS for limiting the number of pills they will issue to three day's worth. You can get a 30-day prescription filled but only 3 days at a time. I have no idea why anyone would write a 30-day prescription to an opioid to someone. Chronic pain should not be managed that carelessly. I've never been placed in that position so I'm not talking from experience but I think our Healthcare System has opened a H*** problem. This is driven largely by insurers trying to save money on more expensive remedies to chronic pain.
If you were in my body, I dare you to try and be able to drive to the pharmacy every 3 days to pick up the medicine that allows you to function normally.

Then you can talk
There are always alternatives especially to opioids which are extremely addictive and are creating addicts from simple sports injuries...

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:45 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:43 pm
stopnswop2 wrote:
TC Talks wrote:
My wife got in a very heated argument with an oral surgeon over their use of opioids. They were all set to administer opioids without any discussion. When the topic of addiction was raised they looked at her like they had no idea what she was talking about. There's a H*** lapse between certain healthcare providers and the public that probably won't be addressed until someone goes to prison for over-prescribing.

A big kudos to CVS for limiting the number of pills they will issue to three day's worth. You can get a 30-day prescription filled but only 3 days at a time. I have no idea why anyone would write a 30-day prescription to an opioid to someone. Chronic pain should not be managed that carelessly. I've never been placed in that position so I'm not talking from experience but I think our Healthcare System has opened a H*** problem. This is driven largely by insurers trying to save money on more expensive remedies to chronic pain.
If you were in my body, I dare you to try and be able to drive to the pharmacy every 3 days to pick up the medicine that allows you to function normally.

Then you can talk
There are always alternatives especially to opioids which are extremely addictive and are creating addicts from simple sports injuries...
Chronic pain suffers should not be treated the same as someone that broke their arm

Music is my life.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:48 pm

stopnswop2 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:45 pm
NS8401 wrote:
stopnswop2 wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

Then you can talk
Chronic pain suffers should not be treated the same as someone that broke their arm
Chronic pain sufferers shouldn’t be turned into addicts either... try going off the opioids cold turkey some time... you’ll have a very hard time and I don’t mean the pain...

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:05 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:48 pm
stopnswop2 wrote:
NS8401 wrote:
stopnswop2 wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

Then you can talk
Chronic pain sufferers shouldn’t be turned into addicts either... try going off the opioids cold turkey some time... you’ll have a very hard time and I don’t mean the pain...
When you feel the pain I feel 24/7, then you get to have a say in this.

Music is my life.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:15 pm

stopnswop2 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:05 pm
NS8401 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:48 pm
stopnswop2 wrote:
NS8401 wrote:
stopnswop2 wrote:
TC Talks wrote:

Then you can talk
When you feel the pain I feel 24/7, then you get to have a say in this.
I’m just saying... it’s very very likely you are addicted to the opioids you take... you would probably have a negative physical reaction (not the damn pain) if you quit them. If somebody can get addicted from a month with a broken arm then you easily could be... there is as much positive to opioids as there was to putting cocaine in coke 100 years ago...

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:22 pm

Would you consider that you're addicted to opioids?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:29 pm

Physical dependence is different than addiction.

Yes I would have severe withdrawal if I stopped.
I am definitely not addicted though.
I don't even take it as much as my doctor wants me to.
I only take it when Advil alone doesn't help.
And I only take half a pill.
My prescription is for Percocet (10mg-325mg) (every 4-6 hours as needed), so I get 120 pills a month.
I was only getting 90 a month but he bumped it up temporarily so I don't run out if issues arise causing me to miss my refill appt.

But everyday is different. Some days I hurt more, some less.

Music is my life.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:05 am

stopnswop2 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:29 pm

My prescription is for Percocet (10mg-325mg) (every 4-6 hours as needed), so I get 120 pills a month.
I was only getting 90 a month but he bumped it up temporarily so I don't run out if issues arise causing me to miss my refill appt.

Physical dependence is a fancy way of saying your body is addicted to it...

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:52 am

NS8401 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:05 am
stopnswop2 wrote:

Correct, but psychological dependence and physical dependence are 2 different animals

Music is my life.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:19 am

stopnswop2 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:52 am
NS8401 wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:05 am
stopnswop2 wrote:

Correct, but psychological dependence and physical dependence are 2 different animals
Would you really consider either to be healthy long term? Pain aside you may yet develop a psychological dependence as time goes on...

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:27 am

Do you consider taking 120 Percocet a reasonable solution to a long-term pain issue? Unless you were in a terminal illness and have stopped treatment, those drugs were not designed to manage pain.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Ed Joseph

Post by Ed Joseph » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:30 pm

"affluent Flintoids"

I think those 8 people have left in the '90's.

I confirm all my information through a high, white whore's souse!

Ed Joseph

Post by Ed Joseph » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:33 pm

Geez, dudes... is it THAT freakin' hard to realize that BOTH parties are nothing but a bunch of corrupt, self-serving crooks anymore? When people come to understand that fact, maybe things might get a bit better. I'm not gonna hold my breath though.

I confirm all my information through a high, white whore's souse!

CK-722

Post by CK-722 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:54 pm

Ed Joseph wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:30 pm
"affluent Flintoids"

I think those 8 people have left in the '90's.
Remember that 95% of the area of Genesee County lies outside the City of Flint. By far, the mode of the people who moved out of the City of Flint is to move to Suburban Genesee County. Since the story promulgated by Gordon Young in his book that "strippers" were moving into houses on Parkside Drive, people in the best subdivisions in Flint have been moving to Warwick Hills and other high end subs in Grand Blanc and Fenton. The 1% of Flint is moving to high end subs in Tyrone Twp. in Livingston County and Independence Twp. in Oakland County. There's a high end sub that straddles the Genesee Oakland County Line under development. All of these subs are close to Interchanges along US 23 and I-75, for very convenient and quick commuting to Flint.

Most of the higher end people know that the Governor didn't put the Lead in the Water, and that the problem was much more complicated and sporadic that the sensational media made it out to be. So many are barely out of Flint, others are barely outside Genesee County. Probably similar situations are common in Saginaw and Bay City. A few years ago, there was a study in the Saginaw News that showed the Crime Rates in Michigan with an interactive map. It shows how the crime rates drop DRAMATICALLY in Cities and Townships just outside Central City Limits. The murders dropped to 1 or 2 per Township per year, from SCORES in the Central Cities.

Is THAT where they got the idea for the 486-SX?

Same (x, y, z), different (t)

Your bullet missed my trial balloon.

RTN Price. Not guaranteed. As of 12:30, 157.71 Down 0.22.

Artificial Intelligence is a Child that needs a Parent to guide it through.

matt1

Post by matt1 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:12 pm

When I went to Pasadena Ave. near Flint, I went to the African American community. OOPS, I had to go back!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic