Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

20 Most Stressful Events For Millenials

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Ben Zonia

20 Most Stressful Events For Millenials

Post by Ben Zonia » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:14 am

Considering that they no longer have grenades falling into foxholes, hand to hand and rifle combat in Normandy, mass civilian bombings and casualties, plagues, infectious diseases that are now treatable, etc., these ARE the kind of stressful events that youth now face. It just shows how far we have progressed, that we now have such trivial problems.

https://www.studyfinds.org/survey-mille ... er-before/

These ARE the typical contemporary problems of a typical day, and they actually should be grateful.

They won't admit that the activities that Alex and Bernie want to outlaw have actually improved our lives.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Deleted User 14935

Re: 20 Most Stressful Events For Millenials

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:16 am

Millennials = The Entitlement Generation.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:53 am

Which generation raised us this way?

With all the resourced hogged by older generations, not taking care of the planet, crippling college debt to educate ourselves, and a hateful culture, how dare us seek simpler pleasures in life, like job security.

🙄

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:47 am

Steve Korvette wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:16 am
Millennials = The Entitlement Generation.
Raised largely by boomers.. we learned from the original and best... the me generation...

Mr.Transistor

Post by Mr.Transistor » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:28 am

Apparently our times today have made things so easy that this list is the biggest of their problems. We live in the I want this NOW times. Everything is about convenience, simple, immediately, get it delivered tomorrow by noon that these folks go without some of the struggles and difficulties that we all grew up with.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:10 pm

Older generations demand respect but can’t figure how to reset a password or upload a picture. Totally inept.

See how bad that generalization sounds? Maybe millenials stereotypically have what you all think are small stressors because they don’t have anything else. For example, many will not be stressed about paying the mortgage because they will never have a house because of awful wages, high college debt, and shitty or no health insurance.

Quit your bullshit gatekeeping. Every generation is a product of the previous generation. Hopefully millenials set a better example of survival and innovation than the previous generation gave us.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:28 pm

ZenithCKLW wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:10 pm
Older generations demand respect but can’t figure how to reset a password or upload a picture. Totally inept.

See how bad that generalization sounds? Maybe millenials stereotypically have what you all think are small stressors because they don’t have anything else. For example, many will not be stressed about paying the mortgage because they will never have a house because of awful wages, high college debt, and shitty or no health insurance.

Quit your bullshit gatekeeping. Every generation is a product of the previous generation. Hopefully millenials set a better example of survival and innovation than the previous generation gave us.
Every. Single. Word.

I've known and worked with dozens and dozens of them. Some are great, others can't find their ass with two hands and a map. But they are all different. You can only throw a blanket over them and say they're all this or all that if you're extraordinarily obtuse.

borderboy653659200

Post by borderboy653659200 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:37 pm

No more entitled than us Baby Boomers !!!!!!

borderboy653659200

Post by borderboy653659200 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:09 pm

And PLEASE don't get me started on the Most Overrated (I mean "Greatest") Generation !!!!

Deleted User 14935

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:15 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:14 am
Considering that they no longer have grenades falling into foxholes, hand to hand and rifle combat in Normandy, mass civilian bombings and casualties, plagues, infectious diseases that are now treatable, etc., these ARE the kind of stressful events that youth now face. It just shows how far we have progressed, that we now have such trivial problems.

https://www.studyfinds.org/survey-mille ... er-before/

These ARE the typical contemporary problems of a typical day, and they actually should be grateful.

They won't admit that the activities that Alex and Bernie want to outlaw have actually improved our lives.
They should be greatful, They didn’t have to worry about getting drafted, Or losing a friend or family member to the Vietnam war, Instead they cry because they have a college debt. Hey, I payed my way through school and worked my ass off for over 40 years raised a family and nothing was handed to me at all. So Millennials stop your silly whining over stupid shit what next? Do I have to hand you a Kleenex.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:28 pm

Compare the actual cost of college back then compared to what it is now. Adjust inflation and a minimum wage that hasn’t kept up. Then get back to me. Even Republicans acknowledge skyrocketing costs of college.

Deleted User 14935

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:54 pm

Then work two jobs like most of us did when we were raising a Wife and a family, In the 80’s I had three jobs, Again stop the feel sorry for us Millennials crap, It’s not any different today than what it was 30 or 40 years ago and stop blaming your parents for your financial downfall. Today most parents your age are giving their children IPhones and they don’t even work for it, They just give it to them, Are the Millennials passing on the entitlement to the next generation and we will have a larger problem, Soon we will have a Generation Of unemployed 20 &30 year olds.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:29 pm

Steve, I like you, but this argument pisses me off to my core. How do you expect someone pursuing full-time education to work two jobs on minimum wage that hasn't kept up with inflation, AND do well in school which is already way too expensive, only to have to pay it back by attempting to obtain fewer high-paying jobs to pay it off over a REASONABLE period of time? Also, if you make "too much" money, even if it's not enough to live on, you are ineligible for student loans, and you must pay cash. WTF!

By the way, I'm not asking anyone to feel sorry for me. I have not encountered most, if not any of the items we are talking about. I own a house, I make good money, and I got through college with difficulty, but I made it. I'm only one sample in the entire population, but my parents provided very well for me. But if you really think today is the same as it was "back then", then you're not paying attention, or you're not personally affected by the problems others encounter, so you don't care, and would rather just say "suck it up buttercup." Also, if you think today is no different than 30 or 40 years ago, then what is this "Make America Great AGAIN" you cling on to? It's as if America has changed somehow, according to your political party you're so proud of?? (Unless that campaign just means there's too many brown people in our country, or let's maintain our image of seemingly unlimited military spending.) I am sick of being painted over with just a broad generational brush by people who think they have a clue.

Are you also going to blame millennials for "killing" Sears?

Who cares if parents give their kids iPhones? 30 years ago, the argument was "oh my god, those awful parents are giving their kids their own TV!" and before that "oh my god, those awful parents are giving their kids their own RADIO!" I grew up with a computer in my room, and parents gave my parents crap for that. Now I work in IT making a very comfortable life for myself. I'm glad my parents raised me for the future instead of reacting from fear of new things or new ways, and they're as conservative as they come.

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:26 pm

Back to the original argument, not all millennials are conveniently the same to allow anyone to say "all millennials blah blah blah." We all have our pursuit in life. We are all individuals, just like all X'ers or boomers are individuals. They can also clash with people their own age. God knows I have some pretty different views of the world than others my age, just as not all boomers and X'ers are techno-idiots as the stereotypes imply. But if you wish to paint us all as a bunch of pussies and compare us to yourselves as many struggle to stay afloat in this world we inherited that we desperately want to change, then I can't change your uninformed opinion. Even though many older people are not like this, I just know that after we clean your bottoms near the end of your life while you yell at clouds, we won't have to deal with older generations looking down on us forever.

Deleted User 14935

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:33 pm

And then your kids will be cleaning your bottom and so on and so on and life goes on.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic