Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Panhandling

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Mr.Transistor

Re: Panhandling

Post by Mr.Transistor » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:33 am

I don't give these panhandlers any money. Where do you draw the line?? I go to Comerica, get hit up by numerous panhandlers on my walk, if I give to everyone I would have no money for the game. No thanks. And these panhandlers that stand on the busy street corners? No Way Jose! I'll never forget the time I saw one park his landrover in the nearby Wendy's parking lot and get out with his sign that said homeless and walk out the busy street corner. Scamming the system. My attitude is many of these are like stray dogs and as soon as you feed one they'll keep coming back. Somebody keeps giving these panhandlers money otherwise why do they do it?

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:57 am

Mr.Transistor wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:33 am
I don't give these panhandlers any money. Where do you draw the line?? I go to Comerica, get hit up by numerous panhandlers on my walk, if I give to everyone I would have no money for the game. No thanks. And these panhandlers that stand on the busy street corners? No Way Jose! I'll never forget the time I saw one park his landrover in the nearby Wendy's parking lot and get out with his sign that said homeless and walk out the busy street corner. Scamming the system. My attitude is many of these are like stray dogs and as soon as you feed one they'll keep coming back. Somebody keeps giving these panhandlers money otherwise why do they do it?
I’ve heard of folks making 350-400 a day... a 40 hour work week at 350 a day with a weeks vacation will get you $89,250... if you could do that you could afford a Land Rover and not have to do much else...

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:39 am

Re

Music is my life.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:10 pm

NS8401 wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:57 am
Mr.Transistor wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:33 am
I’ve heard of folks making 350-400 a day... a 40 hour work week at 350 a day with a weeks vacation will get you $89,250... if you could do that you could afford a Land Rover and not have to do much else...
I am sure these sorts of things happen or exist but I think they are extremely rare. The panhandlers I see around Ann Arbor are mostly marginal people with substance abuse problems and are often homeless. They are not driving nice cars, they aren't making a ton of cash and what they do make they piss away on alcohol and other drugs.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic