Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Six Michigan Cities Listed Under Worst to Live in U.S.

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Deleted User 14935

Re: Six Michigan Cities Listed Under Worst to Live in U.S.

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:04 am

Bryce wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:31 am
Steve Korvette wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 6:58 am
Maybe the guy doesn’t like Turkeys!
Welcome back Deleted User 14888
Glad to be back, Even though I’m in Seattle on Vacation.

RayQix

Post by RayQix » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:55 am

I’m a fan of Detroit and many other places.

I’m not a fan of places that are useless.

Useless to me is a place that has no governmental support.

Detroit does *now* but didn’t a short time ago.

Windsor does..... and if folks see the “bad areas” then run scared, not taking time to see the better places, then so be it.

I’ve seen some of the dank Windsor spots, mainly around the Bridge and southwest of that. I’m thinking the “board ups” are because of the impending Bridge construction either on the Ambassador or the Gordie Howe links.

Maybe I should fear more? Nah.....

I live on the “western edge” of the metro Detroit areas now. East side seems to be worse in my opinion..... especially where I lived 10+/- years ago in Macomb County.

It’s all in perception..... really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:59 am

RayQix wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:55 am
I’m a fan of Detroit and many other places.

I’m not a fan of places that are useless.

Useless to me is a place that has no governmental support.

Detroit does *now* but didn’t a short time ago.

Windsor does..... and if folks see the “bad areas” then run scared, not taking time to see the better places, then so be it.

I’ve seen some of the dank Windsor spots, mainly around the Bridge and southwest of that. I’m thinking the “board ups” are because of the impending Bridge construction either on the Ambassador or the Gordie Howe links.

Maybe I should fear more? Nah.....

I live on the “western edge” of the metro Detroit areas now. East side seems to be worse in my opinion..... especially where I lived 10+/- years ago in Macomb County.

It’s all in perception..... really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The irony is that crime is significantly down from where it peaked in 1992... we live in a much safer and more harmless world overall...

Ed Joseph

Post by Ed Joseph » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:24 am

I had to literally shake my head at this thread! Wow.

Onto the "list"... I'll vouch for Flint being a horrible place to live. I was born here in 1962. I've moved out a half a dozen times and yet, I somehow end up here again. Not because of immediate family, they're all deceased or live elsewhere now. Not employment really, I worked in Detroit from '98 until '09, but lived in Genesee county and commuted to Jefferson North. The biggest decision to not leave Flint in '09 was to keep my stepdaughter in her school. Well, she moved out the day she turned 17, in 2013, I would have moved up north near Mesick area if not for my stepdaughter. So, we've been stuck here since.

Over the past 6 years, we have spent Spring through Fall looking after my father-in-law at Sandy Pines near Dorr. However, struggled to keep "renting" a place there until last Fall, when our financial situation and health just couldn't make it go anymore. We really do like the GR/Allegan County area a lot better, but we are now struggling just to make ends meet here in Flint. Things have really gone south for us these past 6 months.

The biggest issue with staying in Genesee county (we're actually about 2 miles from Swartz Creek, in Flint township) is that the county/state government operations in this area are staffed by people who actually hate people. This spreads to medical facilities and retail as well. People around here are plain assholes. We are lucky to live in a great neighborhood with good neighbors. But go a anywhere east of Linden road, and you immediately see a drastic change. Back to the point, in Genesee county, if you fall on hard times, you better fall all the way to the bottom if you expect anyone to care if your food or medical needs are met, because Department of Hate and Human Suffering in this county couldn't care less about you, your kids or your problems. We don't LIKE being unable to work. I can't figure out why anyone would think we chose this as a lifestyle on purpose.

All of the above mentioned crap is one big reason this area is so mean and dangerous and crime is on tilt. The majority of those poor souls stuck living in this hellhole county are hurting day to day just trying to survive. The GM workers do well, other than that, you better be ready to work your ass off 70+ hours a week just to keep a dumpy home standing over your family. This county is totally anti-humans. They want nobody here to break even, let alone get ahead. It's a classic case of kicking against the goads. If you stumble and fall, people will laugh, spit on you and kick you when you're down.

We cannot wait to be able to leave this part of the state. It's practically evil here.

I confirm all my information through a high, white whore's souse!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic