Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

TMZ

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Calvert DeForest

Re: TMZ

Post by Calvert DeForest » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:52 am

TMZ was supposedly the first outlet to break the story of Kobe Bryant's chopper crash. The local authorities did not seem pleased, as TMZ reported the details before any official confirmation of those on-board. There's also a question as to whether Kobe's wife and family had been otherwise informed of the tragedy before TMZ broke it. It's another example of racing to be first with a story without regard to the official facts or those who may be affected.

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:34 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:00 pm
Calvert DeForest wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:52 am
TMZ was supposedly the first outlet to break the story of Kobe Bryant's chopper crash. The local authorities did not seem pleased, as TMZ reported the details before any official confirmation of those on-board. There's also a question as to whether Kobe's wife and family had been otherwise informed of the tragedy before TMZ broke it. It's another example of racing to be first with a story without regard to the official facts or those who may be affected.
Cops hate it when people do their job better.

GOOD FOR TMZ!!!
It’s a violation of journalistic ethics. Glad you support such sleazy tactics. Par for the course I guess.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:58 pm

No but I’m smart enough to realize it’s wrong.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:26 pm

Harvey said he got the OK from Kobe's team to report the story in which Kobe's wife knew that her husband was dead. I read that on Yahoo yesterday I had no opinion on who was first to report it as someone was going to it first I'm more upset that an ABC reporter claimed that all of Kobe's kids had died without knowing the facts.

I watch TMZ sometimes if there isn't anything else on TV at 10:30PM on WXSP I sleep with TMZ Live on as I have the TV on all night long. National Enquirer did have a TV show 20 years ago which only lasted for 2 seasons didn't do well in the ratings I didn't watch the show. I do agree with LL that the police was wrong to blame the media.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic