Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

NeuroQuant MRI Technology

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
stopnswop2

NeuroQuant MRI Technology

Post by stopnswop2 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:04 pm

So this is rather new technology, anyone heard of it?
There is one place in Michigan that offers this and I specoficakky chose to go to this facility for my recent Brain MRI.

Without the need for radiation and nuclear tracers, they can use this special technology on a normal T1 image to detect Neurodegeneration.

Rather than continue by fight with the insurance company over the PET scan I've been trying to get, I got this MRI done, and... they charged no extra for it either (which seemed odd but okay)

I finally can get some answers to my dementia symptoms and see once and for all if I have MS.
I feel relieved but also nervous as neither has a cure, only management.
But management is better than sitting around suffering with unexplained progressive loss of cognitive function.

Also they added on an SWI image to check for microbleeds, as I've been suffering frequent Transient Ischemic Attacks, aka "MinI Strokes" with no clear cause other than possible narrowing of the left vertebral artery that was partially caught on a CTA of my head in the ER last year.

The MRA of my head I also had last week appeared to show clear narrowing of that artery as well when I looked at the images... but obviously I'm not a radiologist.
I have to wait for the reports.

Music is my life.

Deleted User 14896

Re: NeuroQuant MRI Technology

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:46 pm

If this is in SE Michigan, care to share the name and location?
Maybe down the road, some other Buzzboard patron may have need for the same thing.

stopnswop2

Re: NeuroQuant MRI Technology

Post by stopnswop2 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:47 pm

It's called M1 Imaging

They have 3 current locations in Michigan:
Berkley, Warren, and Grand Rapids. The Livonia location closed.

I stumbled across it by accident by gtabbing a brochure from an office, did some research and presented it to my Neurologist.

They also provide free of charge add on Flexion/Extension for C-Spine MRI and a Weight-Bearing table for L-Spine MRI.. both of which I also need!

Music is my life.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic