Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Listed under Today's Birthdays

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Listed under Today's Birthdays

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:29 pm

Congratulations to: Love Pink (35)

Where is she? Whatever happened to her?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

TC Talks

Re: Listed under Today's Birthdays

Post by TC Talks » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:31 pm

Also, my son...
(But I do miss Love Pink and wish her well)

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Turkeytop

Re: Listed under Today's Birthdays

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:07 pm

I've put together a compilation of some of the lady's posts.
Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:26 pm
Bradenton man arrested after attacking mother with potato salad

BRADENTON, Fla. -- A Bradenton man has been arrested after a confrontation with his mother left the poor woman covered in spit and potato salad.

According to a probable cause affidavit produced by the Manatee County Sheriff's Office, 34-year-old Jonathan Joshua Smith got into a fight with his mother on Saturday, right as she was preparing to eat dinner.

According to the report, the responding officer arrived to find the mother "emotional and crying," and with "food all over her and her hair." She told the officer that she had just sat down to eat in the living room, when her son came home and began yelling at her. Smith then grabbed a handful of potato salad and threw it at her, hitting her right in the face.

Smith continued throwing food at his mother as she repeatedly asked him to stop. The mother then attempted to leave the house, at which point police allege he pushed her to the floor, spit on her, and then began to drag her by her leg.

The mother finally threatened to call the police, which got Smith's attention. He ceased his assault, and fled the scene on a bicycle, only to be picked up soon thereafter by the arresting officer.

Smith has been charged with simple battery and is being held in the county jail.

http://www.mysuncoast.com/news/local/br ... 9e1b3.html
Love Pink wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:01 am
Once again, Florida's reputation has been sullied by her most refined and classiest citizens. People can throw shade at Detroit all they want, but through hard work and time, violence can be stopped. You can't cure the level of stupid and whatever other demons plaguing so many Floridians.
Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:53 pm
Celebrated Labour Day far from home, with a home town, Union made beer, from a can made by my Union brothers in Toronto, who recently returned to work after a 22 month strike.

A day to celebrate.

Love Pink wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:40 am

Ah, Labatt Blue... the first beer I ever tried. I was 3 years old. My dad was enjoying a frosty Labatt Blue and I found the label colorful and attractive. I pointed at it and my father asked my brother and I if each of us wanted to try some. It was the worst thing ever. It burned my mouth and I cried.
Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:59 pm
So, what's become of Bryce. Usually a regular on here, he hasn't posted anything since July 7.

Are you lurking, Bryce?
Love Pink wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:18 am
I'm sure he's fine. I don't know for sure, but we all have lulls in our posting. Everyone here has had periods where we either post once or twice maybe or not at all for days, even several weeks at a time. Sometimes life gets super busy. Maybe Bryce is enjoying his summer up north or something like that. I mean, I pray that it's something positive like that. I take a board member's occasional absence as a positive thing. It means that they aren't taking internet life so seriously that they are neglecting real life. It means they have a real life and aren't one of those psychos living in Mom's basement, staying up all night, and being the biggest asshole troll on various forums. I'm talking about the really bad troll that stalks other members, threatens to send viruses or hack members, and posts rape and death threats.
Matt wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:16 am
A 22-year-old man who was drinking and celebrating the Fourth of July tried to launch a firework off the top of his head, killing him instantly, authorities said Sunday.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/poli ... s-32231780
Love Pink wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:43 am
He may be dead, but I'm guessing he left a lasting impression on that female acquaintance he was most likely trying to impress.
Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:48 pm
Happy Father's Day to any of you who are a Father, or any of you who has, or has ever had a Father.

On this Father's Day weekend I remember my late Father and I remember my late Father in law.

My Father always drank Blue. Nothing but. Wouldn't even try another brand. But later in his life, he kind of lost his taste for beer and drank more whisky. It was the whisky and the cigarettes that killed him.

Like my dad, I too have started acquiring a taste for whisky. I still like beer though. I drink beer in the daytime and whisky after dark.

My wife's dad drank OV. He'd bring a case home on Saturday night and set it on the kitchen floor. There it would stay all week. He drank it warm right from the case.

I don't go that far to honour his memory. I like my beer cold.

Love Pink wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:59 am
My dad is a recovering alcoholic, so I'm going to toast him with a Diet Coke. My husband doesn't drink alcohol, so I will toast him with a Cherry Pepsi.

Happy Father's day to all the dads here on the Buzzboard!
Love Pink wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:45 am
Turkeytop wrote:I don't relish getting into another long thread of awful puns. We've been pun-ished enough for one day.
To the pun-itentiary with you!
Turkeytop wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:19 pm
Florida man calls 911, hits on dispatcher

A Florida man was arrested Wednesday after police said he made several 911 calls in which he hit on a dispatcher and bragged about his "big muscles."

Police said the man told the dispatcher about his big muscles before asking if she was single.
The dispatcher disconnected the call and the man called back two more times, again asking if she was single.

After police tracked down that the calls were coming from Lake Griffin State Park, an officer went there and found the campsite, but no one was there.

That officer later learned the name tied to the phone making the calls was Edward Garcia. The officer went back to the camp site and found the occupant's name was Eduardo Garcia.

The officer tracked Garcia down and found him with an open beer can where he was lying, along with other cold beers in the tent, according to police.

The officer said when he called the number the 911 calls came from the phone on the floor next to Garcia began to ring.

Police took Garcia, 44, into custody and said while he was being walked to the patrol car he told the officer he wanted to head butt him and kill him.

Police said while in the vehicle, Garcia spit through the cage onto the back of an officer's head and stated again that he would kill him. Garcia was then placed into a different vehicle with a closed cage and taken to Lake County Jail.

Garcia is charged with battery on a law enforcement officer and misuse of the 911 system. His bail was set at $2,500.
http://www.floridatoday.com/story/news/ ... /28530813/
Love Pink wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:11 am
Ah yes, alcohol. It just always brings out the very, very best in people. The authorities demonize marijuana and yet the far worse drug that is alcohol is totally legal.
Love Pink wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:06 am
Turkeytop wrote:Peltz Shoes is a chain in Florida. I don't know if they exist anywhere else. Wife and I went in there after seeing their ad in the paper. Turns out, all their sales staff work on commission. As soon as you go in the door they're all over you like flies. Their attentiveness borders on harassment.

While the guy was badgering me about my foot size my wife managed to sneak off and browse on her own until she found a set she liked. When she went to the checkout the woman asked her who had helped her. She said no one had helped her, she found them by herself. The woman asked if it would be OK to credit Freddy for the sale. Freddy was the guy who handled my sale.

I'm not suggesting there's anything wrong with that type of marketing. Some people probably enjoy the attention. But it isn't the kind of shopping experience we enjoy. We won't be back.
I didn't think commission-only shoe salesman was a job still in existence. I know Sibley Shoes used to be that way(Is Sibley Shoes even still in business?). I have a cousin that worked there back when she was something like 19. She's a total airhead and her IQ is probably something 70, but is the very definition of social butterfly. She can make just about anyone open up and talk, so she made a killing selling shoes. I could never work that type of job because I don't like being hounded by employees when shopping, so I would feel guilty approaching unsuspecting shoppers. Of course, I can only speak for myself, but I prefer to be left alone when browsing. If I need help, I know how to approach an employee and ask them nicely for help.

I remember going shopping with my best friend at Nordstrom back in 1996. I had never been to a swanky department store before and felt overwhelmed when we walked into the junior's department. We were only 12 years old and these saleswomen were still all over us like flies on poo, trying to get us to try on and buy items of clothing that anywhere from $40 to $300 per piece. They only slowed down when my friend's mom caught up with us and that's probably because they knew that Mom could easily kill their chances at any commission. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like putting sales pitches on a 12 year-old feels just a little unethical. Anyway, my point is that when employees depend on commission as their only form of income from that job, it turns them some of them sort of crazy. Instead of becoming a sales maven, it makes some of them anxious, harried, impatient, and sometimes even mean. I've dealt with salespeople that get downright nasty if they spend any amount of time helping you only to find out that you don't plan on making a substantial purchase or any purchase at all. That kind of attitude makes me avoid those kinds of businesses altogether because I like to browse and don't feel comfortable browsing at those stores.

And here is her last ever posting here. Oct 7 2015

Love Pink wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:04 am
windsor wrote:Second dump the crap theyre playing and stick to Hard Alt. WITHOUT the 80's hair bands.Mix in heavy hall of famers like Pantera,old Tallica,Megadeth,Danzig,Slayer etc. Detroit loves heavy rock. Period.Go head to head with WRIF.The modern rock format is dead.Leave it to their sister station 93.9.
I think they should dump the Metallica/hard rock and return to their roots as a modern rock/progressive format. I can hear Metallica something like 3 times an hour on WRIF. In fact, WRIF ruined Metallica and most hard rock for me. I spent my tween and teen years as a devout 89X listener because that's where I could listen to bands like Stone Temple Pilots, Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden, Jane's Addiction, Oasis, Nirvana, Cowboy Junkies, Beck, and one of the bands in a 3-way tie for my all-time favorite group ever... REM. 89X's appeal to me and I believe to many other listeners is that they played music that had no other place on the radio. It was too heavy for adult contemporary/pop stations, and too alternative/college rock-ish for regular rock stations. And since the 90s are very much back in again, 89X could make a killing by digging back into their early-mid 1990s grunge era library(I don't mean just grunge rock exclusively either). I think they could attract a lot of listeners both younger and older by cashing in on 90s nostalgia because young millenials are embracing it as a trend and that trend is causing those of Generation X to wax nostalgic for the music of their high school and college years.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic