Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

LMFAO at Kmart!!!!

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

LMFAO at Kmart!!!!

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:11 pm

Gotta love Kmart - a great example of Detroit's history of failure in most aspects of society.

The web site linked below is GREAT.

The author has visited a handful of Kmart stores in the Inland Empire area of California and has documented numerous - let's say, interesting - findings with regard to product merchandising. I was laughing my butt off at some of the photos.

http://wtfkmart.tumblr.com/page/10

Here's a similar site; this one seems to be from a former manager:

http://shcemployee.tumblr.com/

Bryce

Re: LMFAO at Kmart!!!!

Post by Bryce » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:01 pm

K Mart has operated poorly for a long, long time. When I moved back here from the left coast in the early 90's I stopped in to purchase a snow shovel because the forecast called for snow and I didn't have one. It was very early February and although they had row after row of golf clubs on display there was nary a snow shovel to be found. Was told they were out of stock.

I sold my K Mart stock that very day. Turned out to be a great move. Only wish I had shorted a bunch of it.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:57 pm

Bryce wrote:K Mart has operated poorly for a long, long time. When I moved back here from the left coast in the early 90's I stopped in to purchase a snow shovel because the forecast called for snow and I didn't have one. It was very early February and although they had row after row of golf clubs on display there was nary a snow shovel to be found. Was told they were out of stock.

I sold my K Mart stock that very day. Turned out to be a great move. Only wish I had shorted a bunch of it.
We were in Florida in September when temps were in the 90s every day. Home Depot had stacks of snow shovels.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:11 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Bryce wrote:K Mart has operated poorly for a long, long time. When I moved back here from the left coast in the early 90's I stopped in to purchase a snow shovel because the forecast called for snow and I didn't have one. It was very early February and although they had row after row of golf clubs on display there was nary a snow shovel to be found. Was told they were out of stock.

We were in Florida in September when temps were in the 90s every day. Home Depot had stacks of snow shovels.
They're sand shovels in Florida. :blink

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Calvert DeForest

Post by Calvert DeForest » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:28 am

I do miss our St. Johns Kmart, just because it was a nice quiet alternative to the Walmart down the road. Problem is, it was a little too quiet, so when the end finally came a few years back, nobody was really surprised. In fact, I'm amazed they stuck it out as long as they did.

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:41 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:Gotta love Kmart - a great example of Detroit's history of failure in most aspects of society.

The web site linked below is GREAT.

The author has visited a handful of Kmart stores in the Inland Empire area of California and has documented numerous - let's say, interesting - findings with regard to product merchandising. I was laughing my butt off at some of the photos.

http://wtfkmart.tumblr.com/page/10

Here's a similar site; this one seems to be from a former manager:

http://shcemployee.tumblr.com/
You realize Detroit was once really nice right?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:47 pm

Why didn't they change all Kmart's into Sears?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:45 pm

audiophile wrote:Why didn't they change all Kmart's into Sears?
That would have been kind of weird... Plus Kmart BOUGHT Sears not the other way around. The corporate name changed from Kmart Corporation to Sears Holdings Corporation.

What id like to know is how a bankrupt company buys a healthy company?

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:01 pm

Bryce wrote:K Mart has operated poorly for a long, long time.
I avoid them for one simple reason - the checkout process is PAINFULLY slow. Every single person that goes through the lane, the cashier first asks them if they have a rewards card. If they do, then the cashier asks if they'd like to use it. If they do, then the cashier looks up their balance and tells them how much they have left on it. If they don't have one, the cashier asks if they'd like one. After that song and dance is over, then they ask you if you'd like to donate part of your purchase to charity. You have to click yes or no on the touch screen - which, since mostly old people shop at KMart, this take a while for them to figure out. Then when its all done, the cash register prints out at least 5 or 6 different receipts/coupons/who knows what - what a waste of paper, and of time!

UGH, I almost get a panic attack just thinking about standing in line at a KMart.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:35 am

NS8401 wrote:
That would have been kind of weird... Plus Kmart BOUGHT Sears not the other way around. The corporate name changed from Kmart Corporation to Sears Holdings Corporation.

Not sure either was all that healthy. Sears probably has a better reputation though.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:14 am

NS8401 wrote:

Actually, it was the newly formed Kmart Holdings Corporation, founded by billionaire investor Edward Lampert in 2003, which bought out Sears, Roebuck and Co., not the bankrupt entity formerly known as Kmart Corp.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:40 am

They have changed their corporate name to Sears Holdings Co.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=SHLD

ADD in TC

Post by ADD in TC » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:13 pm

It was announced earlier today that our local Acme Township store will be closing.I go in there about once a month to pay my DTE Energy bill(for whatever strange reason I like paying my bills with cash when I can).This store is a bit outdated up front and has few floor cracks but is otherwise extremely clean and very nice looking throughout,including a very clean modern large men's restroom,unlike most Kmarts which are dumpy and dirty,including the nearby Garfield Township store.

Even though this store is nice and quite,which i kind of like,I don't believe I've ever spent more than 10 dollars on merchandise there at once.

I will be very sad to see a large nearby building sitting empty,possibly for many years.

Deleted User 8570

Post by Deleted User 8570 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:15 pm

ADD in TC wrote:It was announced earlier today that our local Acme Township store will be closing.I go in there about once a month to pay my DTE Energy bill(for whatever strange reason I like paying my bills with cash when I can).This store is a bit outdated up front and has few floor cracks but is otherwise extremely clean and very nice looking throughout,including a very clean modern large men's restroom,unlike most Kmarts which our dumpy and dirty,including the nearby Garfield Township store.

Even though this store is nice and quite,which i kind of like,I don't believe I've ever spent more than 10 dollars on merchandise there at once.

I will be very sad to see a large nearby building sitting empty,possibly for many years.
10 Kmarts and a Sears store in Grand Rapids are all closing here in Michigan.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:36 am

Not to defend K-Mart but that sort of thing is not uncommon at all retailers.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic