Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Blue Bird WorkersVote to Join Union

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Rate This

Re: Blue Bird WorkersVote to Join Union

Post by Rate This » Sat May 27, 2023 1:41 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 1:06 pm
Cars from the big three with American manufactured parts in terms of powertrain in many instances are better than several imported brands.

Toyota (including Lexus), Mazda and Honda (including Acura) are really the only import nameplates that I'd call "generally reliable."

The South Koreans make garbage engines in many cases. The European cars can be overly complex to fix (and parts can be very expensive). Nissan has been junk for the past two decades. Subarus can be touchy once they near or exceed 100,000 miles.

Most issues with American cars can be traced to poor engineering or technology implementation, not poor assembly. The white collar folks with college degrees are much more responsible for those issues than rank and file blue collar workers. There are some unethical pieces of shit in the automotive engineering ranks.
40-50 years ago assembly issues were rampant among American cars. Motorweek even once had a badge fall off of a press car on camera! Granted they’ve fixed most of their issues… except Chrysler and its ilk… their design choices, material selections and general feel leave me mystified every time I see one.

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Sat May 27, 2023 2:29 pm

Look back now, I think " Didn't these goobers at GM ever see how Toyota was building the Camry or Honda the accord, while they were producing junk like the celebrity, rust bucket grand ams, and a few others". It was more about quantity than quality. I'm still Leary of them.

I had a Kia Rio and I was pretty happy with it, for what it was. A new car for about 13K back in 2008 but nothing fancy. However, I don't think I would spend the big bucks on a Kia or a Hyundai new when I could get a Honda or Toyota for the same price. I like Mazda and have heard good things but I have no experience with the brand.

European cars I've always liked, mainly Audi( want 1 albeit used before I die) but yes they can be very expensive when something breaks. Yes, complex too. Thus far, I am liking my VW Passat. The construction seems very good. Repair costs, that will be telling when it comes up.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sat May 27, 2023 11:48 pm

LLs back

The censorship king from out of state.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat May 27, 2023 11:49 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 11:48 pm
LLs back
You beat me to it. I was about to say the same thing.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun May 28, 2023 6:59 am

Not for much longer.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sun May 28, 2023 12:29 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 6:59 am
Not for much longer.
His shortest stay ever.

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic