Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Happy Easter everyone

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Graham Wellington

Re: Happy Easter everyone

Post by Graham Wellington » Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:14 pm

A belated Happy Easter to all Easter worshippers.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:31 pm

I had a great Easter. Spent time with my nephew, and then went over to my aunt and uncle's house and had dinner, socialized and watched the final round of the Masters.

I did get some M&M"S eggs.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:12 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:46 am
So to be clear, neither of these objects were created by me. I'm showing you a picture of what somebody else has done.

I think it's important to point out the types of people who are exploiting religion on radio stations by selling infomercials to those who are robbing people with faith and to expose those politicians who are using religion to further their ambitions.

We have people on this board who use their "faith" for profit and Power.

Particularly on this day of rebirth, it's not wrong to challenge our understanding of the teachings of christ.
I don't listen to Christian music, radio, or go to church. But I still do read my Bible and have prayer time on my own. Sadly, people have been smitten with greed as they have done with much in this world. I have never used my faith for profit and power. My faith is between my Lord and me alone.

There's nothing wrong with Christ. His words in red letters in the Gospels haven't changed. He cares for ALL.

The best analogy I can give is to pretend you grew up with a close knit family. Your dad saved your life when you were 6. The rest of your family(mom and 4 siblings let's say) used your father's good name in the community to extort for greed, power, and abused others along the way. You cut off all ties with them.

But if your father never veers from who He says he was, why would you need to veer from Him? How could I turn my back on the one who saved my life? That's my relationship with Jesus. And no, I don't normally like to preach, but I am still standing. When you criticize my Heavenly Father through sacrilege on one of the most holy days in the calendar, I don't take kindly to it.
They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic